Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Need Help What's Xtra's Dial Up number?

Re: Need Help What's Xtra's Dial Up number?

Alan Chiew

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:36:52 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:
>Don't you think I tried that option first?
>
>Wherever it's hidden it hardly jumps out at you.
>
>Thanks to Rider, I got much quicker real help here.

In many instances you will find that Google will be faster than both
these methods:
http://www.google.com/search?q=xtra+...utf-8&oe=utf-8

E. Scrooge

"Alan Chiew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:36:52 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:
> >Don't you think I tried that option first?
> >
> >Wherever it's hidden it hardly jumps out at you.
> >
> >Thanks to Rider, I got much quicker real help here.

> In many instances you will find that Google will be faster than both
> these methods:

http://www.google.com/search?q=xtra+...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Thanks. I found it easy enough at home on my 17" monitor on Xtra website,
but scrolling round on a small PC set at 640x480 at the place that was
trying to connect to Xtra wasn't so easy.
Anyway it good of Rider to solve the problem as quickly as he did for us.

E. Scrooge

Patrick Dunford

Alan Chiew
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:36:52 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:
> >Don't you think I tried that option first?

Let's see, Xtra home page, Help link.

Scroll down and click the appropriate logo in Connection Settings, or
Settings in the left hand menubar. Click on Dialup settings on the next
screen.

It's useful to refer to Xtra's guides because they give a lot more useful
information than just the phone number, like the rest of the settings you
need to make a dialup connection that works quickly and effectively.

For example, uncheck all other protocols than TCP/IP, uncheck "Log onto
server" and use server provided DNS and IP address.