Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Tuesday find

OT: Tuesday find

CBIC

In news:Xns978E7F7441A99neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6,
Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> embarrassed himself by saying:
> did you hear "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:OV#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> What's that dripping from the ceiling? Oh, it's irony.

> are you taunting me? do you think that it's wise to do that? Do you
> realize that I am still top poster this month and I could go all
> postal on ya?

Now just calm down Neil. No one is tauting you. We all respect if not fear
the posting skills of the InterNeil. There's no reason to unleash your wrath
on us. Here, have a beer.

*tosses Neil a cold one*
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

Neil

did you hear "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:e81fQhdTGHA.196
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

> Here, have a beer.
>
> *tosses Neil a cold one*

that's better...WTF? Michelob Ultra?!?! WHY I OUGHTA!!!

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- First draw the curve, *then* plot the data.

CBIC

> that's better...WTF? Michelob Ultra?!?! WHY I OUGHTA!!!

For the record I would never give anyone a Michelob Ultra. When I drink beer
it has to be real beer not colored water.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

Neil

did you hear "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> that's better...WTF? Michelob Ultra?!?! WHY I OUGHTA!!!

> For the record I would never give anyone a Michelob Ultra. When I
> drink beer it has to be real beer not colored water.

then could you explain what I'm holding here?

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Is this yours? Your dog left it on my lawn...

Briscobar

CBIC <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> Now just calm down Neil. No one is tauting you. We all respect if not
> fear the posting skills of the InterNeil. There's no reason to
> unleash your wrath on us. Here, have a beer.
>
> *tosses Neil a cold one*

Once it hits your lips, it's so good!

--
KB

MCNGP #26
nerd32768's mother told him to clean his room. Instead, he visited
www.mcngp.com.

CBIC

> then could you explain what I'm holding here?

You must have brought that with you. You didn't get it from me.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

Neil

did you hear "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> You must have brought that with you.

un-friggin-likely

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Abandon the search for truth: settle on a good fantasy.

LRM

All gawked in amazement when: FrisbeeŽ assaulted us with:
> "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mar 21, 2006 at 1:19pm "kpg" blathered:
>>
>>> Check this out - an interesting utility that shows where all your
>>> hard disk space went - using a tree map.

>> Do they also have a utility that shows me where my life went?

> It's probably out there partying with mine somewhere. Someone needs
> to tell them it's time to come home.

I think mine's with yours. At first I thought I lost it at work, but now I'm
thinking my life is doing something with Jell-O and that is likely only done
with your lives.

--
LRM
MCNGP 7^2

Bigus DiŠkus

**Neil's** the one who fcukin said it
<<-------------------------------->>
> did you hear "MitchS" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:# http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> "Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:Xns978DAB1A41378neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
>>
>>> jeez, I've had that installed since May of ought 5. Perhaps I should
>>> offer to list a few of the other tools I've found....

>> Perhaps you should.
>>

> I will begin to compile some momentarily

Ahem.....still waiting!!

--
Bigus DiŠkus
MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

Neil

did you hear "Bigus DiŠkus" <BigusDiŠkus@127.0.0.1> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> I will begin to compile some momentarily
>>

> Ahem.....still waiting!!

FINE! 'k first off, I'm a DBA so here are a couple of MS-SQL goodies.

TOAD - http://www.toadsoft.com/toadsqlserve..._sqlserver.htm
you have to renew it every 60 days, but free is free and for a SQL Q/A
replacement it's pretty good. For those who have been Oracle DBA's it will
already be familiar.

DBDesigner - http://fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/
ERD tool. again freeware (no time expiry on this one)

the BPA's
http://tinyurl.com/6cupq (SQL)

http://tinyurl.com/5pc3v (Exchange)

if you've never used them, these will make you look smart in front of the
boss. dig out the MSBA as well.

ok, some general admin tools:

the free stuff at http://www.systemtools.com/free.htm is fun, but I was a
fan of Hyena back in the NT4 days. Even better is the sysinternals stuff:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities.html

one that is uber-cool is the bginfo. TechRepublic had an article last year
on it (http://tinyurl.com/h4e8p) good to have on swervers and nice and
tiny.

THAT'S ENOUGH FOR NOW. maybe more later...

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- I may have my faults, but being wrong isn't one of them.