Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > processor 8085

processor 8085

processor 8085

Why in processor 8085 opcodes like 10,18,28...etc.. does'nt have any
mneumonics?
explain to ur level best.

Thor

hi!

processors does not have mnemonics.
assemblers translate mnemonics (assembly code) into opcodes (machine code).
as for 8085 (which resembles 8080) google is your friend (but try wikipedia
first).

have fun with it,
53

"processor 8085" <processor http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why in processor 8085 opcodes like 10,18,28...etc.. does'nt have any
> mneumonics?
> explain to ur level best.

processor 8085

sir,The is in assemble language of processor 8085 .

"Thor" wrote:

> hi!
>
> processors does not have mnemonics.
> assemblers translate mnemonics (assembly code) into opcodes (machine code).
> as for 8085 (which resembles 8080) google is your friend (but try wikipedia
> first).
>
> have fun with it,
> 53
>
> "processor 8085" <processor (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Why in processor 8085 opcodes like 10,18,28...etc.. does'nt have any
> > mneumonics?
> > explain to ur level best.

Thor

I get it.

08,10,18,28,..FD.
Not compatible with x86, therefore not documented. "We don't want you to use
these".
What are you trying to do? Is it safe?

53

"processor 8085" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> sir,The is in assemble language of processor 8085 .
>
> "Thor" wrote:
>
>> hi!
>>
>> processors does not have mnemonics.
>> assemblers translate mnemonics (assembly code) into opcodes (machine
>> code).
>> as for 8085 (which resembles 8080) google is your friend (but try
>> wikipedia
>> first).
>>
>> have fun with it,
>> 53
>>
>> "processor 8085" <processor (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Why in processor 8085 opcodes like 10,18,28...etc.. does'nt have any
>> > mneumonics?
>> > explain to ur level best.

Lawrence Garvin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I get it.
>
> 08,10,18,28,..FD.
> Not compatible with x86, therefore not documented. "We don't want you to
> use these".
> What are you trying to do? Is it safe?

Your gripes about whether there is, or is not, an assembler language for the
8085,
or about any programming issues with the =8085= are grossly misdirected
in any Microsoft forum,
and most especially a =certification= forum.

Microsoft has *never* written programs for the 8085 CPU, and they're not
responsible for any issues that exist with trying to program such a chip.
Intel is the manufacturer of the chip, and if you need assistance
programming an 8085 chip, you need to talk to Intel.

Or else learn how to properly research museum technology on the web.

Ironically... entering the simple keyphrase "8085 assembler" into
google.com, got me this hit on the top of a list of almost 22,000 entries:

"free 8085 microprocessor assembler for windows"
http://www.embeddedrelated.com/usene...ow/39456-1.php

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

LarryWestMCSD

Re: Microsoft has *never* written programs for the 8085 CPU

Not entirely true. Microsoft did write a Basic compiler for the TRS-80,
which used z-80 chips, somewhat similar to the 8080 and 8085. I believe, but
am not certain, that they also wrote an 8080 version.
In fact, one of the things that we at Tandy Systems Design did when we got
it was to disassemble the code in order to learn some tips we could apply to
the operating system coding. Remember back then we had to fit the entire
operating system into 4096 bytes of memory. There was a heck of a lot of
self-modifying code.
I believe I still have an 8085 assembler manual in a box in the garage
somewhere.
I am curious as to why the OP is interested in 30 year old technology.

Lawrence Garvin

"LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Re: Microsoft has *never* written programs for the 8085 CPU
>
> Not entirely true. Microsoft did write a Basic compiler for the TRS-80,
> which used z-80 chips, somewhat similar to the 8080 and 8085. I believe,
> but
> am not certain, that they also wrote an 8080 version.

True, they did write code for distribution via Radio Shack for use on the
Model 4 Z-80 and the Model 16/6000 Motorola 68000-based systems. (I was a
CSR for Radio Shack during the heydey of the 4, 16/6000, 1000/1200/2000 in
the mid '80s.)

I can't comment on whether there was an 8080 version -- I wouldn't be
surprised if there was; but I'll stick to my guns on any 8085 software.

> In fact, one of the things that we at Tandy Systems Design

!!! -- a Tandy Designer.... golly gee whiz (grasping back in my RSCC
memories.... I'm thinking I'm even vaguely recalling your name in
association with some Tandy/RSCC stuff I read around that time.)

> I believe I still have an 8085 assembler manual in a box in the garage
> somewhere.

But, it is Microsoft-written?

No doubt there are 8085 programming tools, but I don't believe Microsoft was
in the =8085= business.

I came up dry on a Google search of "microsoft 8085" and "microsoft intel
8085", in fact, the first search only turned up one hit on the first page
even related to the 8085 CPU!

> I am curious as to why the OP is interested in 30 year old technology.

The 8085 was, among other things, apparently used as a simple introduction
to assembly language programming concepts.

I can't relate, I learned IBM360 assembly as a 2nd year course. It wasn't
until I bought an 80386 Tech Ref book ten years later that I learned
anything about Intel microprocessor assembly language.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Thor

> Not entirely true. Microsoft did write a Basic compiler for the TRS-80,
> which used z-80 chips, somewhat similar to the 8080 and 8085. I believe,
> but
> am not certain, that they also wrote an 8080 version.
> In fact, one of the things that we at Tandy Systems Design did when we got
> it was to disassemble the code in order to learn some tips we could apply
> the operating system coding. Remember back then we had to fit the entire
> operating system into 4096 bytes of memory. There was a heck of a lot of
> self-modifying code.
> I believe I still have an 8085 assembler manual in a box in the garage
> somewhere.
> I am curious as to why the OP is interested in 30 year old technology.
> --

Yeah, I was thinking console game hacking or analyzing russian militaty
equipment. Just caught a corner of my eye.
I started with MS Spectravideo Basic which ran on a Z80, I think it's pretty
much the same as 8080 and 8085. How this links to certifications... well it
doesn't.

TK [MCSE,MCT]

WOW, spectravideo.... Brings back memories!!!

news:OLnrUT$(E-Mail Removed)...