Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > RIP HD-DVD? - HD-DVD CES Event Canceled

RIP HD-DVD? - HD-DVD CES Event Canceled

Air Raid

CES HD DVD Event canceled due to Warner announcement

"I just received an email from the HD DVD Promotion Group stating that
the CES 2008 HD DVD press event has been canceled. The recent Blu-ray
exclusive announcement from Warner is cited as the reason for the
event being canceled. You can find the full text of the notice below.

Notice of CES Press Conference Cancellation by North American HD DVD
Promotion Group

"Based on the timing of the Warner Home Video announcement today, we
have decided to postpone our CES 2008 press conference scheduled for
Sunday, January 6th at 8:30 p.m. in the Wynn Hotel. We apologize for
any inconvenience this may cause.

We are currently discussing the potential impact of this announcement
with the other HD DVD partner companies and evaluating next steps. We
believe the consumer continues to benefit from HD DVD's commitment to
quality and affordability - a bar that is critical for the mainstream
success of any format.

We'll continue to keep you updated on new developments around HD DVD."

HD DVD is in trouble

If there is one thing that everyone is agreeing on, it is that the HD
DVD is in trouble due to the Warner announcement. This decision to
cancel the HD DVD press event further proves that the defection of
Warner Brothers studios from the HD DVD camp is a major blow.

I am very disappointed that they have canceled the event. I would have
liked to see them try to explain this move or attempt to put some type
of positive spin on it. I guess I will only be attending the Blu-ray
CES event this year! Stay tuned to this site for CES 2008 coverage!

http://wesleytech.com/ces-hd-dvd-eve...ouncement/483/