Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > AD password change - can't access network drives (computer specifi

AD password change - can't access network drives (computer specifi

PghTech

Bizarre issue occured when I changed a user's password (win 2003 server
environment). They could no longer access any mapped drives.

Troubleshooting steps:
- days had passed since the user changed their password and logged into
their computer successfully to rule out AD replication issues.

- We were able to change the password from the "windows Security" window
from the actually computer successfully.

- THis only occurs on their daily used PC. Logging onto any other computer
they can access any of their network drives.

- If you reset the password back to the original password everything works
correctly.

It is obvious that it is strictly with this specific computer, but where or
what needs to be done - I haven't been able to locate a reason.