Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise mail service

Paradise mail service

Mainlander

Does anyone use mail redirection with a paradise account and find the
mail servers time out connecting?

Supposing I have my email name http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), messages to that address
get redirected to my paradise address (E-Mail Removed). I log onto
Paradise using my Paradise dialup connection, try to access my mailbox
someone and find the servers time out. I have other mailboxes not using a
redirection that have no problems sending and receiving messages.

Paradise has to be one of the most restrictive ISPs in NZ with their mail
service, only a 2MB mailbox, limits on how many recipients can appear in
the To, Cc or Bcc fields and now crap like this.

dud_address@xparadise.net.nz

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:52:56 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.nz> wrote:

.... snip

>Paradise has to be one of the most restrictive ISPs in NZ with their mail
>service, only a 2MB mailbox, limits on how many recipients can appear in
>the To, Cc or Bcc fields and now crap like this.

Where does the 2MB limit come from?

Help topic "Mail server limits - paradise.net" states:

The maximum size of outgoing mail is 5MB
The maximum size of incoming mail is 10MB
The maximum number of recipients for a mail message is 100.

Nothing about 2MB there.

Also, I recently was sent a 137MB file from the UK as 13 x 10M plus 1
x 7MB slices. Since these were sent from a commercial site that is a
lot faster than my 256kbs connection, it is likely that at some point
(for a short while) there was up to 100MB of emails sitting in my
mailbox. All came through without a single hitch. Seems very
reasonable to me.

David

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:52:56 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.nz> wrote:
>
> ... snip
>
> >Paradise has to be one of the most restrictive ISPs in NZ with their mail
> >service, only a 2MB mailbox, limits on how many recipients can appear in
> >the To, Cc or Bcc fields and now crap like this.

> Where does the 2MB limit come from?
>
> Help topic "Mail server limits - paradise.net" states:
>
> The maximum size of outgoing mail is 5MB
> The maximum size of incoming mail is 10MB
> The maximum number of recipients for a mail message is 100.

That's *******s, I have had their server reject messages with less than
50 recipients.

Ralph Fox

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:52:56 +1300, in article
<(E-Mail Removed) >, Mainlander wrote:

> Paradise has to be one of the most restrictive ISPs in NZ with their mail
> service, only a 2MB mailbox

I've received emails close to 10MB in size, to my Paradise mailbox.

Where did you get this "2MB mailbox" from?

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Politicians are like diapers:
they need to be changed often,
and for the same reasons.

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed) t>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid says...
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:52:56 +1300, in article
> <(E-Mail Removed) >, Mainlander wrote:
>
> > Paradise has to be one of the most restrictive ISPs in NZ with their mail
> > service, only a 2MB mailbox

> I've received emails close to 10MB in size, to my Paradise mailbox.
>
> Where did you get this "2MB mailbox" from?

alright maybe it's 5 MB. I have received messages in excess of this size
on occasions.