Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > What newsreaders are the best?

What newsreaders are the best?

Tim Buchanan

Hey all,

just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
the niceties

Timbo
--
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will

Ray Greene

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:00:30 +1300, Tim Buchanan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
>the niceties

Agent from http://www.forteinc.com. Not free but worth paying for.

Ray Greene.

Nathan Mercer

Tim Buchanan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Lgw2c.4481$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hey all,
>
> just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
> the niceties

http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

steve

Tim Buchanan wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
> the niceties
>
> Timbo

Pan or Knode - I prefer Knode.

....They come with pretty much any Linux distro.

Julian Visch

Tim Buchanan wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
> the niceties

xrn is good and allows kill files which you can edit to fred* to catch
all freds if you wished.

bambam

Tim Buchanan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Lgw2c.4481$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hey all,
>
> just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile
> and all the niceties

Any of these would be OK-

http://www.pricelessware.org/2004/PL...htm#Newsreader

--
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the
right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting

Mainlander

In article <Lgw2c.4481$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hey all,
>
> just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
> the niceties

Gravity

http://gravity.sf.net/

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Tim Buchanan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Lgw2c.4481$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Hey all,
> >
> > just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
> > the niceties

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/
> http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

Yes that should be http://mpgravity.sf.net/
Not http://gravity.sf.net like I wrote earlier.

SteveM

Tim Buchanan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Lgw2c.4481$Nc3.70652
@news.xtra.co.nz:

> Hey all,
>
> just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
> the niceties
>
> Timbo

Xnews xnews.newsguy.com

SteveM

Lennier

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:00:30 +1300, Tim Buchanan wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
> the niceties

For Linux using a GUI - Pan.
For Linux using a console - SLRN
For Windows - Xnews or Agent.
For the Mac? Dunno.

Lennier

--
Brian Valentine - Microsoft's SVP for Windows development: "We
really haven't done everything we could to protect our customers. Our