Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Google Rank

Google Rank

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

Anyone got any kind of info as to how they generate it?

I only ask as Im now third when people search for "Dave Hall" with or
without quotes.

I had read that they do it on the number of links to my site, but who in
their right mind would like to it?

Could it be reading it from my sig and counting them as links? if so,
that'd make sense.

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

Alden Bates

"T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Anyone got any kind of info as to how they generate it?
>
>I only ask as Im now third when people search for "Dave Hall" with or
>without quotes.
>
>I had read that they do it on the number of links to my site, but who in
>their right mind would like to it?

Your position in the search results is governed by a large number of
factors, one of which is how many people link to you, but also the
text used to link to you, on-page text, etc, etc etc.

http://www.google.com/search?q=link:...w.dave.net.nz/

All the links to your page it lists are from SETI @Home.

Alden
--
http://www.tetrap.com

EMB

"T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c28uvj$1rgbpk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Anyone got any kind of info as to how they generate it?
>
> I only ask as Im now third when people search for "Dave Hall" with or
> without quotes.
>
> I had read that they do it on the number of links to my site, but who in
> their right mind would like to it?
>
> Could it be reading it from my sig and counting them as links? if so,
> that'd make sense.

Have a read of Bruce Simpson's stuff about rankings.

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/marketing/

EMB

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

Alden Bates wrote:
> Your position in the search results is governed by a large number of
> factors, one of which is how many people link to you, but also the
> text used to link to you, on-page text, etc, etc etc.
> http://www.google.com/search?q=link:...w.dave.net.nz/
> All the links to your page it lists are from SETI @Home.

ahh... thanks.

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

EMB wrote:
> Have a read of Bruce Simpson's stuff about rankings.
> http://www.aardvark.co.nz/marketing/

Am reading now.

--
Dave Hall