Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Burning CD on Pentium 133, debian

Burning CD on Pentium 133, debian

Mainlander

Well I have burned a couple at 24X so far with the burnproof setting in
cdrecord. Seems to do a good job, though I will probably burn at 8X in
the future to avoid any possible problems.

mkisofs doesn't seem to like the Joliet extension much, it threw an error
"failed sorting Joliet tree" when I gave it 566 MB to look at, so I tried
it without that, it all worked but it makes everything uppercase and no
spaces.

The only problem is the message "clock timer configuration lost" coming
up a couple of times during burns and dummy burns which doesn't make a
lot of sense, I don't know what the chipset is on this HP Pavillion
motherboard but it seems to be the only time that this error ever comes
up when linux is running.