Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Computer related quotations.

Computer related quotations.

Alan Liefting

* "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." - Pablo Picasso

* "Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes." - Edsger Dijkstra

* "Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. Computers are from hell."

* "It's not just a computer - it's your ass." - Cal Keegan

* "It reminds me of the claim that Americans built the first computer...
It depends on what properties are necessary for a device to be classed
as a computer: That it's electronic? That it has Randomly Accessible
Memory? That it operates on a stored program? I am tempted to suggest
that one of the requirements implicit in some people's lists is that it
was built in America."

* "A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no
mercy" - Joseph Campbell

* "Distributed file systems are a cruel hoax." - Zalman Stern

* "The computer allows you to make mistakes faster than any other
invention, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila" - Mitch
Ratcliffe

* "A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper
tray and the blinking red light"

More at http://wikiquote.org/wiki/Computers