Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Woohooooo ........

Woohooooo ........

Rider

Just working on a computer that the customer 'thinks' might be infected with
a virus.

Well it is infected, to the tune of 2667 files.

And its an old virus. VBA.Stages.A ....... I think this was out in 2000 or
late 1999.

"I dont think we update our antivirus as much as we should" when I asked if
they were running antivirus software LOL

Rider

Dogg

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:39:13 +1300, "Rider"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just working on a computer that the customer 'thinks' might be infected with
>a virus.
>
>Well it is infected, to the tune of 2667 files.
>
>And its an old virus. VBA.Stages.A ....... I think this was out in 2000 or
>late 1999.
>
>"I dont think we update our antivirus as much as we should" when I asked if
>they were running antivirus software LOL
>
>Rider

Old School Viruses...respect.

Rider

"Dogg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:39:13 +1300, "Rider"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Just working on a computer that the customer 'thinks' might be infected

with
> >a virus.
> >
> >Well it is infected, to the tune of 2667 files.
> >
> >And its an old virus. VBA.Stages.A ....... I think this was out in 2000

or
> >late 1999.
> >
> >"I dont think we update our antivirus as much as we should" when I asked

if
> >they were running antivirus software LOL
> >
> >Rider
> >

> Old School Viruses...respect.

Do you have any idea if this virus will delete documents etc? Customers
documents are missing

Rider

Dogg

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:30:06 +1300, "Rider"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>

>> Old School Viruses...respect.

>Do you have any idea if this virus will delete documents etc? Customers
>documents are missing
>
>Rider

With that many infections, there's bound to be one that seeks and
destroys *.doc, *.xls etc etc

Dave Taylor

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:c260r2$op8$1
@lust.ihug.co.nz:

> Do you have any idea if this virus will delete documents etc? Customers
> documents are missing

http://securityresponse.symantec.com....stages.a.html

Ciao, Dave

Rider

"Dave Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94A29C1ED37C9daveytaynospamplshot@202.180. 64.19...
> "Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:c260r2$op8$1
> @lust.ihug.co.nz:
>
> > Do you have any idea if this virus will delete documents etc? Customers
> > documents are missing
> >

> http://securityresponse.symantec.com....stages.a.html
>
> Ciao, Dave

Thanks, read that.