Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > CPIT (Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology) Posts in nz.test

CPIT (Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology) Posts in nz.test

EAgle

Have you guys noticed all the students from the Christchurch Polytechnic
Institute of Technology who are posting in nz.test with their real email
addresses? Looks to me like the result of some tutorial they've had.. don't
they even teach the very basics about Usenet postings before letting them
loose on the net spammers are gonna have a field day with all those
addresses

Mainlander

In article <c245cv$7kf$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Have you guys noticed all the students from the Christchurch Polytechnic
> Institute of Technology who are posting in nz.test with their real email
> addresses? Looks to me like the result of some tutorial they've had.. don't
> they even teach the very basics about Usenet postings before letting them
> loose on the net spammers are gonna have a field day with all those
> addresses

Their server probably doesn't allow address faking

EAgle

"Mainlander" <*@*.nz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <c245cv$7kf$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Have you guys noticed all the students from the Christchurch Polytechnic
> > Institute of Technology who are posting in nz.test with their real email
> > addresses? Looks to me like the result of some tutorial they've had..

don't
> > they even teach the very basics about Usenet postings before letting

them
> > loose on the net spammers are gonna have a field day with all those
> > addresses

> Their server probably doesn't allow address faking

Yes.. a good point..

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

EAgle wrote:
> Have you guys noticed all the students from the Christchurch Polytechnic
> Institute of Technology who are posting in nz.test with their real email
> addresses? Looks to me like the result of some tutorial they've had.. don't
> they even teach the very basics about Usenet postings before letting them
> loose on the net spammers are gonna have a field day with all those
> addresses

I noticed that one a couple of months back(must have been the last
course) but they were using what looked like test email addy's. Using
their own this time... oh well.

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz