Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > mediaone

mediaone

JedMeister

I was working on my PC today, and suddenly a window popped up and started
streaming a Lion Nathan advertisement in fairly good quality video - using
my jetstream free mb allowance.

It seems that some company called MediaOne (how generic is that !!) is
behind this, I have no idea of how they are able to push this onto my
pc.....the window looked suspicously like windows media player, which was
playing a music cd at the time.

Ad-aware and spybot (up to date signature files) find nothing on my PC .

Anyone else seen this?

Dave Taylor

"JedMeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsNa1c.235$(E-Mail Removed):

> I was working on my PC today, and suddenly a window popped up and
> started streaming a Lion Nathan advertisement in fairly good quality
> video - using my jetstream free mb allowance.
>
> It seems that some company called MediaOne (how generic is that !!) is
> behind this, I have no idea of how they are able to push this onto my
> pc.....the window looked suspicously like windows media player, which
> was playing a music cd at the time.
>
> Ad-aware and spybot (up to date signature files) find nothing on my PC
> .
>
> Anyone else seen this?

Change your Activex and javascript settings to prompt? It was probably
an ad on a web site that was open in the browser. Change browser to NOT
IE?
Ciao, Dave