Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ODBC tool removal

ODBC tool removal

SNOman

Anybody here know how to remove the ODBC tool from WinXP but leave the
functionality of the OBDC sources setup before the admin tool is removed?

I know that you can't simply delete the odbcad.exe file as windows
protection automatically restores it.

Don't ask me why I need to do it

Cheers

Jackson

"SNOman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c20q8i$flp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anybody here know how to remove the ODBC tool from WinXP but leave the
> functionality of the OBDC sources setup before the admin tool is removed?
>
> I know that you can't simply delete the odbcad.exe file as windows
> protection automatically restores it.

Use tweakUI and under the control panel section there's a tick box to add or
remove the ODBC data sources icon from control panel. Does that help?

Jackson.

SNOman

Jackson wrote:

> "SNOman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c20q8i$flp$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Anybody here know how to remove the ODBC tool from WinXP but leave the
>>functionality of the OBDC sources setup before the admin tool is removed?
>>
>>I know that you can't simply delete the odbcad.exe file as windows
>>protection automatically restores it.

> Use tweakUI and under the control panel section there's a tick box to add or
> remove the ODBC data sources icon from control panel. Does that help?
>
> Jackson.

Yeah I guess that would do as I could then apply security info to the
tweakui.exe to stop people running it.

I'll give it a go and see if it will suffice.

thanks for the suggestion.