Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > XP Home folder security

XP Home folder security

Steven H

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:16:00 +1300, Rider wrote:

>>> Bugger, turning off access to the windows folder doesnt stop the machine
>>> from working Ya just can't open the folder.
>>>
>>> Rider

>> lol - YOU cant access it - but the OS (resides under SYSTEM) can.
>>
>> just for kicks deny SYSTEM access to Windows/..
>>

> I did .... it still booted into windows.

hmmmm - windows must have some super secret account to ensure it can do its
stuff
Steven H - B.I.T. Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand
..net Geek

Rider

"Steven H" <(E-Mail Removed) - wont work anyway > wrote in
message news(E-Mail Removed)...

machine

> >> lol - YOU cant access it - but the OS (resides under SYSTEM) can.
> >>
> >> just for kicks deny SYSTEM access to Windows/..
> >>

> > I did .... it still booted into windows.

> hmmmm - windows must have some super secret account to ensure it can do

its
> stuff
> --

Atleast end users wouldnt be able to fidlle around in their systems folders

Rider