Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dos batch files - help

Dos batch files - help

Robert

For my convenience I am putting a whole lot of 'DOS' based utilities onto a
bootable CD.
Most I select by using batch files & choice and selecting the utitily.
However I have 3-4 apps that are a DOS app with a switch and then you apply
some numbers e.g. app.exe /CA xxxxxxx where xxxxxxx is my input. How do I
make a batch file stop and accept input to pass to the application?

(BTW - the CD are low level things like motherboard BIOS's, Raid controller
firmwares, SCSI disk firmwares etc)

I have tried looking on google but not seen anything helpfull yet.

Mainlander

In article <n4C0c.29534$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> For my convenience I am putting a whole lot of 'DOS' based utilities onto a
> bootable CD.
> Most I select by using batch files & choice and selecting the utitily.
> However I have 3-4 apps that are a DOS app with a switch and then you apply
> some numbers e.g. app.exe /CA xxxxxxx where xxxxxxx is my input. How do I
> make a batch file stop and accept input to pass to the application?
>
> (BTW - the CD are low level things like motherboard BIOS's, Raid controller
> firmwares, SCSI disk firmwares etc)
>
> I have tried looking on google but not seen anything helpfull yet.

Write a program in a Dos based compiler e.g. Borland Turbo Pascal or
Borland Turbo C that receives the input and outputs the corresponding
errorlevel that you can test for in an if statement. Versions of these
can be downloaded for free.

John

Check out http://cwashington.netreach.net/ for all your scripting info