Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Two facts about Maxnet

Two facts about Maxnet

JF

They are supposed to send a warning by email when you go beyond 10 GB of
international traffic (their limit is 12 GB). Well, in fact they don't. I
sent an email to ask them why I didn't receive any warning, and I didn't
receive any answer.

I also thought they were not shaping eDonkey traffic but they do actually.
Last week (last of February), when I was going beyond 10 GB of international
traffic, I was doing ~14 KB/sec. I presume that way I could go beyond 12
GB... quicker

Now, I am doing 2 KB/sec.

XPD

"JF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:404268d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> They are supposed to send a warning by email when you go beyond 10 GB of
> international traffic (their limit is 12 GB). Well, in fact they don't. I
> sent an email to ask them why I didn't receive any warning, and I didn't
> receive any answer.
>
> I also thought they were not shaping eDonkey traffic but they do actually.
> Last week (last of February), when I was going beyond 10 GB of

international
> traffic, I was doing ~14 KB/sec. I presume that way I could go beyond 12
> GB... quicker
>
> Now, I am doing 2 KB/sec.

Its an old and very well known fact that 90% of NZ ISP's shape P2P services.
:-/
Even ones who claim they dont, usually do....

'Maxnet' internet users Snoopy NZ Computing 23 02-10-2004 05:07 AM
Maxnet and DC/P2P XPD NZ Computing 7 09-26-2003 10:40 PM
Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL Alastair Johnson NZ Computing 3 07-12-2003 07:26 PM
Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL Nick NZ Computing 4 07-11-2003 10:09 PM
Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL Peter NZ Computing 1 07-09-2003 07:55 AM

Advertisments