Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OOo mail merge

OOo mail merge

Chris

Running OOo 1.1.0 under win98SE and using Calc as a data source to print
some labels in Writer.

This was working fine untill I added some columns to the data source after
which the some of the data in the fields I wanted to print onto the labels
did not show up in the data source window. The really odd thing is that
some cells in the data source window show the correct data (i.e. the data
is in the same cell reference as the original data source) but others are
blank.

I tried changing various settings etc but could not fix it so I deleted
the data source and started from the beginning (i.e. I registared a new
data source using the original Calc spreadsheet and made up a new template
with new fieldnames for the labels etc) but I still have the same problem.

Is there some file that tracks these changes that may have become corupted
and needs deleting perhaps (to be-rebuilt the next time I use the feature)?

As far as I can see I have set it up correctly the second time I did it
cause it worked the first time and I followed the same procedure.

Anybody got any ideas on this ?

TIA

--
Chris

Chris

Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:BNu%b.28552$(E-Mail Removed):

OK, I have solved the problem by renaming the original data source and
starting from scratch again.

I'd still like to know what the problem was though should anybody know.

--
Chris

INVESTORS WANTED...!,OOO.OOO.OO kingcreole8@gmail.com Java 0 07-26-2008 02:15 PM
investors wanted 1.ooo.ooo.oo min...contact luke kingcreole8@gmail.com Java 0 07-22-2008 02:21 PM
investors wanted 1,ooo.ooo.oo min... kingcreole8@gmail.com Java 0 07-21-2008 11:47 PM
OT: OOo Newsgroups? Kneewax Firefox 3 08-21-2004 07:51 PM
Mail::Bulkmail - multipart breaks when doing mail merge Patrick Perl Misc 0 02-17-2004 08:04 PM

Advertisments