Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Free HTML editors for beginners

Free HTML editors for beginners

T-Boy

anyone help suggest one?

TIA

--
Duncan

Max

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:02:59 +1300, T-Boy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>anyone help suggest one?
>
>TIA

Look on magazine CDs for free software they are giving away. One once
had a full version of an old dreamweaver, which is a good WYSIWYG
editior.

The Hobbit

"T-Boy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> anyone help suggest one?

I know of a number of people using 1st Page - seems okay
http://www.evrsoft.com/

Adam Smith

"T-Boy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> anyone help suggest one?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Duncan

If you are a beginner it is probably better to learn from the ground up
using MS notepad and webmonkey's HTML 'cheat sheet' so that the helpers
included with most of the software packages don't 'learn on your behalf'.

<goes away and googles for a link>
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...ml_cheatsheet/

Chris

T-Boy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz:

> anyone help suggest one?
>
> TIA

Found the following url in my bookmarks but have no idea what it is like
http://www.virtualmechanics.com/prod...warf/info.html

--
Chris

Adam Warner

Hi T-Boy,

> anyone help suggest one?

Mozilla isn't just a browser. If you have the full version installed
check out Composer from the Window menu.

Regards,
Adam

Chris

T-Boy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz:

> anyone help suggest one?
>
> TIA

Open Office, a delayed thought (on my part)

--
Chris

ac

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> anyone help suggest one?
>
> TIA

Vi

Peter

T-Boy wrote:
> anyone help suggest one?

for Linux: Quanta
http://quanta.sourceforge.net/

for Windows: Arachnophilia
http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/

(You did say HTML editor, so I take it you aren't after a WYSIWYG editor.)

HTH

Peter

Allistar

Peter wrote:

> T-Boy wrote:
>> anyone help suggest one?

> for Linux: Quanta
> http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
>
> for Windows: Arachnophilia
> http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/
>

> (You did say HTML editor, so I take it you aren't after a WYSIWYG editor.)
>
> HTH
>
> Peter

Quanta is good, I use it (as well as vi and KWrite).

Allistar.