Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Cost for domain names and hosting etc...

Cost for domain names and hosting etc...

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
following items...

A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)
B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...
C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

--
Kind regards,

Max

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:21:37 +1300, Chris Wilkinson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
>business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
>following items...
>
>A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)
>B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...
>C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

This site has a list of the good ones.
http://www.netguide.co.nz/isp_direct...ectory=hosting

Find one that lists the allowed traffic, as avoid ones that say
unlimited . I wouldn't say that you would use over 500MB per month,
for a basic site. I would recommend getting one that allows at least
40-50MB of webspace if he wants to upload digital images, some only
offer about 10MB of $25 which is never enough.

Jed Meisterdude

Wouldn't it be cheaper hosting this outside of NZ?

"Chris Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
> business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
> following items...
>
> A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)
> B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...
> C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Chris Wilkinson, Christchurch, New Zealand.
> Remove spamblocker to send replies direct to my email...

Peter S

"Chris Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
> business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
> following items...
>
> A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)
> B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...
> C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Chris Wilkinson, Christchurch, New Zealand.
> Remove spamblocker to send replies direct to my email...

What are you asking us for? Ring up Paradise & Domainz.

Allistar

Chris Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
> business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
> following items...

From my experience with paradise hosting: (Note the domain name fees may
have changed since I registered)

> A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)

about $40 setup then $40 per year.

> B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...

$10 per month.

> C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

Not sure, ask Paradise.

Allistar.

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

Allistar wrote:
> From my experience with paradise hosting: (Note the domain name fees may
> have changed since I registered)

>>A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)

> about $40 setup then $40 per year.

eek... people pay this?

>>B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...

> $10 per month.

per month thats about right.

>>C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

> Not sure, ask Paradise.

They charge for "over use"

I'm hosted with scarfies.net it costs me $30 a month for unlimited
space, unlimited email addys(although I have no need for more than 3),
and unlimited traffic.

If interested, contact dan@the_domain_I_mentioned_above

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Allistar wrote:
> Chris Wilkinson wrote:
>

>>Hi there,
>>
>>I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
>>business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
>>following items...

> From my experience with paradise hosting: (Note the domain name fees may
> have changed since I registered)
>
>>A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)

> about $40 setup then $40 per year.
>
>>B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...

> $10 per month.
>
>>C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

> Not sure, ask Paradise.

Will do. thanks for the other info...

--
Kind regards,

Michael

I use doteasy http://www.doteasy.com
I get 10 email address, 20MB website, and a domainname
all for the sum of US$29.00 per year. No other costs,
no monthly fees.
The website has no banners or anything from doteasy.

pretty good really when compared to alot of others.
Only good for basic websites though as if you want php, mysql, etc
you have to upgrade to a more expensive option.

cheers

Chris Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
> business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
> following items...
>
> A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)
> B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...
> C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

Chris

Michael <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4dW_b.1485$(E-Mail Removed):

> I use doteasy http://www.doteasy.com
> I get 10 email address, 20MB website, and a domainname
> all for the sum of US$29.00 per year. No other costs,
> no monthly fees.
> The website has no banners or anything from doteasy.
>
> pretty good really when compared to alot of others.
> Only good for basic websites though as if you want php, mysql, etc
> you have to upgrade to a more expensive option.
>
> cheers
>
> Chris Wilkinson wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
>> business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
>> following items...
>>
>> A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)
>> B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...
>> C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

I see they have a special on at the moment, $USD25 to registar the domain
name (.com) with free hosting. There are 2 & 3 years options.

--
Chris