Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: more Brash-itis - some truths

Re: more Brash-itis - some truths

Howard

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:50:28 +1300, steve wrote:

> Why condemn Helen? Her Minster *proven* to have lied - and was sacked.

She was only sacked on Friday after Helen realized the fallout was too
great. On Thursday Helen was quite comfortable with Leanne
merely "misleading" the public.

>> Trying to split hairs over whether Leanne was lying or merely
>> "misleading". The cheek of it. It shows Helen has no concept of truth as
>> most NZ'ers understand it!

> That applies to both Labour and National. If you don't like such behaviour,
> you really can't vote for either one of them.

If you really believe that both sides are liars, why do you try to score
points by claiming that Bush is a liar so often?

[Follow-ups re-set to nz.politics]

steve

Howard wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:57:03 +1300, Trevor wrote:
>
>> Hmmmm... Brash the liar!

> Its a bit rich for Labour supporters to accuse Brash of lying when there
> appears to be no condemnation of Helen over Leanne-gate.

Why condemn Helen? Her Minster *proven* to have lied - and was sacked.

> Trying to split hairs over whether Leanne was lying or merely
> "misleading". The cheek of it. It shows Helen has no concept of truth as
> most NZ'ers understand it!

That applies to both Labour and National. If you don't like such behaviour,
you really can't vote for either one of them.

> [Follow-ups set to nz.politics]

Sure! You have your say....then off to the ghetto.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <6Me_b.27910$(E-Mail Removed)>, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Howard wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:57:03 +1300, Trevor wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmmm... Brash the liar!

What is the relevance of this to nz.comp ? Did anyone lie about
computers ? No ... I thought not

Bruce

think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyones fault.
If it was Us, what did that make Me ? After all, Im one of Us. I must be.
Ive certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No-one ever thinks
of themselves as one of Them. Were always one of Us. Its Them that do

Mainlander

In article <6Me_b.27910$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Howard wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:57:03 +1300, Trevor wrote:
> >
> >> Hmmmm... Brash the liar!

> > Its a bit rich for Labour supporters to accuse Brash of lying when there
> > appears to be no condemnation of Helen over Leanne-gate.

> Why condemn Helen? Her Minster *proven* to have lied - and was sacked.

A scapegoat. Helen proved to have forged a painting and was not sacked.

NZDude

"Mainlander" <*@*.nz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <6Me_b.27910$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Howard wrote:

> > > Its a bit rich for Labour supporters to accuse Brash of lying when

there
> > > appears to be no condemnation of Helen over Leanne-gate.

> > Why condemn Helen? Her Minster *proven* to have lied - and was sacked.

> A scapegoat. Helen proved to have forged a painting and was not sacked.

Helen ALSO was proved to have lied about her awareness of the GE corn crop
mishap. Helen has lied ALOT and has gotten away with it. I think her own
comment on the standards of an MP say it all. Dalziel was NOT fired for a
blatantly misleading statement. She was fired when it was determined that
her statement was patently untrue not merely misleading. This is a
seperating flyshit from pepper argument if ever there was one.
NZD