Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > System freeze when adding firewire usb pci card?

System freeze when adding firewire usb pci card?

lbbss

I have a Amd 2.6ghz system. I plugged in a usb 2 firewire combo
card, then when it boots up it freeze in windows 2000? any idea? Ok
system if you unplug the card. thanks

RJ@nowhere.com

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 04:42:29 -0800 (PST), lbbss <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a Amd 2.6ghz system. I plugged in a usb 2 firewire combo
>card, then when it boots up it freeze in windows 2000? any idea? Ok
>system if you unplug the card. thanks

Sounds like a simple problem of not having the drivers loaded for the
combo card. Are you sure it is compatible with Win2000? Go to the
website of the manuf. of the combo card and look for updated drivers,
OR install the original drivers that came with it if you haven't done
that yet.

HTH