Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re help this ones got me beat. the latest

Re help this ones got me beat. the latest

Nick

Telecom'm been. Line test fine now. even swopped to a different pair t the
exchange.

I have heard in the min good reports about zone lrm. However I ahve heard a
few bad ones too. Now I think about it, problems seem to happening with
zone alarm. Even the very helpful guy at Iconz, my isp, has said that he
had an issu with his zone alarm and that currupted some dll's. This
affected his dial up connections. So, my next step is to try running
without a firewall for a while. And see what happens. may download sygate
or something. Other than that, Ill switch to flippin mandrak or summat. heh
heh

thanks for your imput

Nick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Telecom'm been. Line test fine now. even swopped to a different pair t

the
> exchange.
>
> I have heard in the min good reports about zone lrm. However I ahve heard

> few bad ones too. Now I think about it, problems seem to happening with
> zone alarm. Even the very helpful guy at Iconz, my isp, has said that he
> had an issu with his zone alarm and that currupted some dll's. This
> affected his dial up connections. So, my next step is to try running
> without a firewall for a while. And see what happens. may download

sygate
> or something. Other than that, Ill switch to flippin mandrak or summat.

heh
> heh
>
> thanks for your imput

Just to say also that I reinstalled the whole thing last night. Last night
nd now, this machine is as solid as a rock. and that was b 4 telecom looked
at it. so to be honest I dont think it was the phone line

JedMeister

I run xp with the free-zonealarm download and it has worked perfectly since
I installed about 1 year ago. Also, I use cisco vpn client and it
co-exists perfectly with zone alarm.

misconfigurations
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Telecom'm been. Line test fine now. even swopped to a different pair t

the
> exchange.
>
> I have heard in the min good reports about zone lrm. However I ahve heard

> few bad ones too. Now I think about it, problems seem to happening with
> zone alarm. Even the very helpful guy at Iconz, my isp, has said that he
> had an issu with his zone alarm and that currupted some dll's. This
> affected his dial up connections. So, my next step is to try running
> without a firewall for a while. And see what happens. may download

sygate
> or something. Other than that, Ill switch to flippin mandrak or summat.

heh
> heh
>
> thanks for your imput

Nick

"JedMeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tiRYb.48595$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I run xp with the free-zonealarm download and it has worked perfectly

since
> I installed about 1 year ago. Also, I use cisco vpn client and it
> co-exists perfectly with zone alarm.
>

> misconfigurations
> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Telecom'm been. Line test fine now. even swopped to a different pair t

> the
> > exchange.
> >
> > I have heard in the min good reports about zone lrm. However I ahve

heard
> > few bad ones too. Now I think about it, problems seem to happening with
> > zone alarm. Even the very helpful guy at Iconz, my isp, has said that

he
> > had an issu with his zone alarm and that currupted some dll's. This
> > affected his dial up connections. So, my next step is to try running
> > without a firewall for a while. And see what happens. may download

> sygate
> > or something. Other than that, Ill switch to flippin mandrak or summat.

> heh
> > heh
> >
> > thanks for your imput

Used to run well with my xp too. Perhaps it doesnt like something about me.
stuffed if I know

The Black Wibble

"Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "JedMeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tiRYb.48595$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I run xp with the free-zonealarm download and it has worked perfectly
> > since I installed about 1 year ago. Also, I use cisco vpn client and it
> > co-exists perfectly with zone alarm.

[...]
> Used to run well with my xp too. Perhaps it doesnt like something about me.
> stuffed if I know

But you can set ZA to alert you whenever it blocks anything by using the "Privacy Advisor" in Privacy ->
Cookie Control -> Custom, and also with Alerts & Logs -> "Alert Events Shown" set to high.

Tony.

Brendan

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:36:23 +1300, Nick wrote:

> Telecom'm been. Line test fine now. even swopped to a different pair t the
> exchange.
>
> I have heard in the min good reports about zone lrm. However I ahve heard a
> few bad ones too. Now I think about it, problems seem to happening with
> zone alarm. Even the very helpful guy at Iconz, my isp, has said that he
> had an issu with his zone alarm and that currupted some dll's. This
> affected his dial up connections. So, my next step is to try running
> without a firewall for a while. And see what happens. may download sygate
> or something. Other than that, Ill switch to flippin mandrak or summat. heh
> heh
>
> thanks for your imput

Use Kerio personal firewall.

Oh, and a spell checker

--

.... Brendan

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on
unsuspecting air molecules,often with the assistence of
unsuspecting musicians.

Note: All comments are copyright 19/02/2004 4:03:49 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my reccollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.