Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Ntebook Adaptor cannot connect to Router.

Ntebook Adaptor cannot connect to Router.

PRao

Hi,
I have a Netgear MA814v2 802.11b Router and am hooked
up to a MN-520 MS Wireless Adaptor on my laptop. It worked
fine for about 6 months but having issues for past 2
weeks. Adaptor can see Router but cannot connect to it.
WEP is not enabled. I have tried uninstalling and
reinstalling but it just wont connect. Sometimes it cannot
see the router eventhough sitting next to each other.

Any Ideas.

Prasanna

=?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZA==?=

I'm having exactly the same problems with a linksys router, have you maNAGED
TO FIX YOURS IT'S DRIVIN ME MAD!!

"PRao" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a Netgear MA814v2 802.11b Router and am hooked
> up to a MN-520 MS Wireless Adaptor on my laptop. It worked
> fine for about 6 months but having issues for past 2
> weeks. Adaptor can see Router but cannot connect to it.
> WEP is not enabled. I have tried uninstalling and
> reinstalling but it just wont connect. Sometimes it cannot
> see the router eventhough sitting next to each other.
>
> Any Ideas.
>
> Prasanna

=?Utf-8?B?UHJhc2FubmEgcmFv?=

I have a couple off suggestions from other sites. mostly upgrade the router
firmware which I will try this week.

Also a hint I got.
"Go to the Network properties and look for the wireless
TCP/IP conncetion. If it's not there, it did not
install...

Otherwise, check the settings. Make sure the SSID,
channel, WEP key, and WEP key length match those on the
router. Check also the Workgroup name -- it needs to
match the workgroup on the other computer.

The best way is typically to turn off WEP, setup and test
everything, and then add WEP.
"

"frustrated" wrote:

> I'm having exactly the same problems with a linksys router, have you maNAGED
> TO FIX YOURS IT'S DRIVIN ME MAD!!
>
> "PRao" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have a Netgear MA814v2 802.11b Router and am hooked
> > up to a MN-520 MS Wireless Adaptor on my laptop. It worked
> > fine for about 6 months but having issues for past 2
> > weeks. Adaptor can see Router but cannot connect to it.
> > WEP is not enabled. I have tried uninstalling and
> > reinstalling but it just wont connect. Sometimes it cannot
> > see the router eventhough sitting next to each other.
> >
> > Any Ideas.
> >
> > Prasanna

=?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZA==?=

Thanks 4 the advice, I have downloaded the firmware already and also tried to
get it to work with WEP disabled, seems like I've had all the same advice as
you with no joy. The other tip I had today was try switching channels use
either 1 or 6 and also re-name SSID I've tried both of these and still the
wireless don't work so I've still working with the wire and even more
frustrated. If I manage to fix mine, I'll let you know!! Good Luck