Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How to import Outlook Express PST file into Outlook

How to import Outlook Express PST file into Outlook

Warwick

Hi,
Is it possible to import OE pst and contacts into Outlook office?
There is an import tool in Outlook tools, but it seems confined to files of
type 'Outlook Data', and IIRC OE uses PST format. If anyone can advise om
if this is possible, and if so how it might be done I would be very
grateful. If I can import unix mbx format as well, I can put the pegasus
data in there as well, and that would be even better.

A further point- I wanted to review an old post and opened Outlook Express
to look for it, since I had used it as a news client for a few months last
year. Couple odd things happened, 1: it thought incorrectly that I had
unsent usenet messages and looked like it was attempting to re send all
archived news articles. (think I have seen the consequences of that here
with floods of old posts appearing on this group).
2: It does not recognize IM v6, so it reopened IMv5 and placed it into my
start up routine.

I did not want either of those things to happen, so I would like to
retrieve the archives and remove the application.

cheers
Warwick

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

Warwick wrote:
> Is it possible to import OE pst and contacts into Outlook office?

nope.. it doesnt use PST... DBX

> There is an import tool in Outlook tools, but it seems confined to files of
> type 'Outlook Data', and IIRC OE uses PST format.

DBX files sorry.

> If anyone can advise om
> if this is possible, and if so how it might be done I would be very
> grateful. If I can import unix mbx format as well, I can put the pegasus
> data in there as well, and that would be even better.

ummm, File, Import, Import Internet Mail and Address's, Choose Outlook
Express, Follow your nose.

The other problem, no idea, no time to read it sorry(at work).

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

Warwick

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:25:53 +1300, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> ummm, File, Import, Import Internet Mail and Address's, Choose Outlook
> Express, Follow your nose.
>
> The other problem, no idea, no time to read it sorry(at work).

Hey thanks thats exactly what I wanted. Silly me, did not realize there
were two seperate imort tools in Outlook, and having discounted the one in
Tools menu as no good for my purpose, stopped looking for another one.

cheers
Warwick

Dave Taylor

Warwick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:t31y2sy88f4v$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
> Is it possible to import OE pst and contacts into Outlook office?
> There is an import tool in Outlook tools, but it seems confined to
> files of type 'Outlook Data', and IIRC OE uses PST format. If anyone
> can advise om if this is possible, and if so how it might be done I
> would be very grateful. If I can import unix mbx format as well, I can
> put the pegasus data in there as well, and that would be even better.

If you don't want to go back into OE and Export to CSV windows, then import
Other-csv windows take a look at Dawn Classic.
http://www.joshie.com/projects/dawn/

I am sure this will do all you need.
Ciao, Dave

Mainlander

In article <t31y2sy88f4v$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hi,
> Is it possible to import OE pst and contacts into Outlook office?
> There is an import tool in Outlook tools, but it seems confined to files of
> type 'Outlook Data', and IIRC OE uses PST format.

No it doesn't. Only Outlook usese PST files. Outlook Express uses the
Windows Address book and message dbx files.