Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > xtra wireless

xtra wireless

cowboyz

I put my phone number into telecoms "can you get jetstream" webpage and it
came back saying that I might be able to get it and to ring a number.
Rung the number to find out I can't get it but the salesman suggested I
might like xtra wireless and gave me the phone number.

I rung xtra wireless and it went like this.

XW: Good morning.. how can we help you.

ME: Hi, I was just wondering about xtra wireless, Does it use the phone
line for uploading?

XW Don't know

ME What? How can you not know?

XW We just organise connections here. Do you want to connect up xtra
wireless?

ME: Not right now. I want to know if it uses the phone line.

XW: That is a technical question. I'll just transfer you to the technical
people who can answer that for you.

ME: Oh my ****ing god.

Waiting on hold for about 20 seconds (enough to swear obscene things about
useless phone operaters to others in the house)

XW Hello, Can we help you.

ME: Does xtra wireless use the phone line?

XW somewhat.

ME: Somewhat? What does somewhat mean? It either does or it doesn't?

XW Well I am not sure what you are asking.

ME: When connected to the internet using xtra wireless, is the phone line
tied up?

XW Hmmmm I am not sure. I could transfer you......

ME Don't ****ing bother. I'll stick with Ihug Ultra.

Click.

Now I still don't know if xtra wireless uses a phone line for the uplink or
not. I really don't give a damn now but just posting to show incompetence
is running rampant at xtra.

XPD

"cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0dt7v$hoj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I put my phone number into telecoms "can you get jetstream" webpage and it
> came back saying that I might be able to get it and to ring a number.
> Rung the number to find out I can't get it but the salesman suggested I
> might like xtra wireless and gave me the phone number.

======== 8< Snip>8=================

And my gf wonders why I refuse to get a job at Xtra.......

colinco

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> And my gf wonders why I refuse to get a job at Xtra.......

It would be OK - doesn't Xtra farm out the job of answering phones to
Dontgivashet Ltd

XPD

"colinco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > And my gf wonders why I refuse to get a job at Xtra.......
> >

> It would be OK - doesn't Xtra farm out the job of answering phones to
> Dontgivashet Ltd

Yeah to Teletech I think......

E. Scrooge

"cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0dt7v$hoj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I put my phone number into telecoms "can you get jetstream" webpage and it
> came back saying that I might be able to get it and to ring a number.
> Rung the number to find out I can't get it but the salesman suggested I
> might like xtra wireless and gave me the phone number.
>
> I rung xtra wireless and it went like this.
>
> XW: Good morning.. how can we help you.
>
> ME: Hi, I was just wondering about xtra wireless, Does it use the phone
> line for uploading?
>
> XW Don't know
>
> ME What? How can you not know?
>
> XW We just organise connections here. Do you want to connect up xtra
> wireless?
>
> ME: Not right now. I want to know if it uses the phone line.
>
> XW: That is a technical question. I'll just transfer you to the

technical
> people who can answer that for you.
>
> ME: Oh my ****ing god.
>
> Waiting on hold for about 20 seconds (enough to swear obscene things about
> useless phone operaters to others in the house)
>
> XW Hello, Can we help you.
>
> ME: Does xtra wireless use the phone line?
>
> XW somewhat.
>
> ME: Somewhat? What does somewhat mean? It either does or it doesn't?
>
> XW Well I am not sure what you are asking.
>
> ME: When connected to the internet using xtra wireless, is the phone line
> tied up?
>
> XW Hmmmm I am not sure. I could transfer you......
>
> ME Don't ****ing bother. I'll stick with Ihug Ultra.
>
> Click.
>

> Now I still don't know if xtra wireless uses a phone line for the uplink

or
> not. I really don't give a damn now but just posting to show incompetence
> is running rampant at xtra.

That's funny, because Xtra's website explains exactly how it works and it's
costs (LOL).
It doesn't use phone lines at all, it uses towers up and down. It's real
cheap to get:
Special gear from Telecon (2 way antenna etc) $1,000
Installation just under $500
Plans start at $100 for ONE GB. 2 GB is about $20 more.

Ring up the idiots at Xtra and tell them to look at their own website about
it. The response you got is pretty unbelievable.
"xtra wireless" in google will take you straight to the right pages about
it.

E. Scrooge

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

cowboyz wrote:
> Now I still don't know if xtra wireless uses a phone line for the uplink or
> not. I really don't give a damn now but just posting to show incompetence
> is running rampant at xtra.

not from what they emailed me(took three weeks for the info)
it uses radio link something, but you must have a phone line to get
it... I would assume that this is the same as the you must have a phone
line for DSL even though the vouce portion isnt needed.

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

XPD wrote:
>>I put my phone number into telecoms "can you get jetstream" webpage and it
>>came back saying that I might be able to get it and to ring a number.
>>Rung the number to find out I can't get it but the salesman suggested I
>>might like xtra wireless and gave me the phone number.

> And my gf wonders why I refuse to get a job at Xtra.......

Good on you... although they give good training, you'd probably top it
because most they hire seems to be non-technical people.

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

colinco wrote:
>>And my gf wonders why I refuse to get a job at Xtra.......

> It would be OK - doesn't Xtra farm out the job of answering phones to
> Dontgivashet Ltd

no no, it's teletech ltd... oh wait, you simply mis-spelled it

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

E. Scrooge wrote:
> That's funny, because Xtra's website explains exactly how it works and it's
> costs (LOL).
> Ring up the idiots at Xtra and tell them to look at their own website about
> it. The response you got is pretty unbelievable.
> "xtra wireless" in google will take you straight to the right pages about
> it.

They must have updated it since I asked them(~ 2 months ago I think)

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

E. Scrooge

"T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0e1s7$15u9va$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> XPD wrote:
> >>I put my phone number into telecoms "can you get jetstream" webpage and

it
> >>came back saying that I might be able to get it and to ring a number.
> >>Rung the number to find out I can't get it but the salesman suggested I
> >>might like xtra wireless and gave me the phone number.

> > And my gf wonders why I refuse to get a job at Xtra.......

> Good on you... although they give good training, you'd probably top it
> because most they hire seems to be non-technical people.
>
> --
> Dave Hall

In other words - completely clueless.
Be better to ask to speak to their technical advisor - Mr Simpson, or if you
know him well enough just ask for Homer.

E. Scrooge

Smilie Xtra Extension Jeff Firefox 0 04-11-2005 01:02 AM
Telecom Xtra Wireless Connections. BMR NZ Computing 0 03-24-2005 07:26 AM
Xtra Wireless? T.N.O. NZ Computing 22 12-31-2003 05:48 PM

Advertisments