Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Are there any utils that can check your mb type?

Are there any utils that can check your mb type?

Rats

I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently running an
850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of motherboard it's
using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going to be. Are there any
utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g. chipset, make, model etc.

Ali P

"Rats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c06jae$13mdcf$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently running

an
> 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of motherboard it's
> using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going to be. Are there any
> utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g. chipset, make, model etc.

Try Aida 32
http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

~misfit~

Ali P wrote:
> "Rats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c06jae$13mdcf$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently
>> running an 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of
>> motherboard it's using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is
>> going to be. Are there any utils that can tell me more about my mb
>> e.g. chipset, make, model etc.
>>

> Try Aida 32
> http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

Or CPU-Z.
--
~misfit~

XPD

"Ali P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newssAVb.21808$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Rats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c06jae$13mdcf$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently running

> an
> > 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of motherboard

it's
> > using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going to be. Are there

any
> > utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g. chipset, make, model etc.
> >

> Try Aida 32
> http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

Run that on my Asus P4B bard and it locks everything.... left it 15mins and
still didnt unlock. Back to SiSift Sandra I go...

Im not having much luck with software in 2004

Richard Holmes

"Rats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:c06jae$13mdcf$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently
> running an 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of
> motherboard it's using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going
> to be. Are there any utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g.
> chipset, make, model etc.

Belarc Informer

www.belarc.com

Dave Taylor

"Rats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:c06jae$13mdcf$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently
> running an 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of
> motherboard it's using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going
> to be. Are there any utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g.
> chipset, make, model etc.

There are tons of bloated utils that do this, and there is the oldie but
updated goodies.
I like h-oda's tool for windows.
wcpuid
http://www.h-oda.com

And I like hwinfo from a floppy. I have not tried the windows version,
but the dos version works great.
http://www.hwinfo.com
I would go with the dos version of HWinfo, and just jot some notes.

Ciao, Dave

Roger_Nickel

Rats wrote:
> I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently running an
> 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of motherboard it's
> using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going to be. Are there any
> utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g. chipset, make, model etc.

If, for some reason, none of the other suggestions work you can look for
the FCC ID on the motherboard and search on that.

SteveM

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Ali P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newssAVb.21808$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Rats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:c06jae$13mdcf$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

SNIP
..

>> Try Aida 32
>> http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php
>>

> Run that on my Asus P4B bard and it locks everything.... left it
> 15mins and still didnt unlock. Back to SiSift Sandra I go...
>
> Im not having much luck with software in 2004

Try Adia16, the dos version, on a bootable floppy.
Gives a similar amount of useful info without getting into Windows.

SteveM