Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > windoze xp pro

windoze xp pro

SteveM

"Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:40269958$(E-Mail Removed):

> can anyone remind of the process of activating windoze xp as a
> usedproduct ? ie; second hand. If you buy the used product already
> activated under the first owners name, can you a new user use it ?
> Send a fax to MS ? or run the thing.
>
> I called ms nz but the guy I spoke to seemed a bit dopy. And Im not
> sure what he was on about to be honest
>
> thanks

Just reactivate it over the NZ 0800 number supplied when installing.
As long as it hasn't been activated in a while you will have no
problems. Even then you still probably won't have any issues.

SteveM

EAgle

news:vRxVb.21772$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nick wrote:
>
> > can anyone remind of the process of activating windoze xp as a

usedproduct
> > ? ie; second hand. If you buy the used product already activated under

the
> > first owners name, can you a new user use it ? Send a fax to MS ? or

run
> > the thing.
> >
> > I called ms nz but the guy I spoke to seemed a bit dopy. And Im not

sure
> > what he was on about to be honest

> Waste of time calling them.
>
> > thanks

> Get the XP activation crack.
>
> Kazaa.

Why would he want to do something illegal if hes already got a legal copy?

Activating it again (over the net for eg) shouldn't be a problem.

Nick

can anyone remind of the process of activating windoze xp as a usedproduct ?
ie; second hand. If you buy the used product already activated under the
first owners name, can you a new user use it ? Send a fax to MS ? or run
the thing.

I called ms nz but the guy I spoke to seemed a bit dopy. And Im not sure
what he was on about to be honest

thanks

steve

Nick wrote:

> can anyone remind of the process of activating windoze xp as a usedproduct
> ? ie; second hand. If you buy the used product already activated under the
> first owners name, can you a new user use it ? Send a fax to MS ? or run
> the thing.
>
> I called ms nz but the guy I spoke to seemed a bit dopy. And Im not sure
> what he was on about to be honest

Waste of time calling them.

> thanks

Get the XP activation crack.

Kazaa.

Nicolaas Hawkins

In Message <news:Xns948A6CDDED8CEsdmccremovemeparadis@202.20. 93.13>
dated Sun, 08 Feb 2004 21:41:44 GMT,
SteveM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:40269958$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> [...]
>> I called ms nz but the guy I spoke to seemed a bit dopy. And Im not
>> sure what he was on about to be honest
>>

> Just reactivate it over the NZ 0800 number supplied when installing.
> As long as it hasn't been activated in a while you will have no
> problems. Even then you still probably won't have any issues.

How long do you call "a while", Steve?

I have tried the same thing as you suggest with legitimately obtained XP
Home and Publisher XP2003 (2002?), and in both cases it wouldn't let me
reactivate, saying it was already activated by the original owner, and to
contact a Microsoft Representative per voice for further information.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

- Blowing one's own horn only succeeds in deafening the listener.

SteveM

Nicolaas Hawkins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:y4wcp59qxi2y
$(E-Mail Removed):

> In Message <news:Xns948A6CDDED8CEsdmccremovemeparadis@202.20. 93.13>
> dated Sun, 08 Feb 2004 21:41:44 GMT,
> SteveM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

snip

>> Just reactivate it over the NZ 0800 number supplied when installing.
>> As long as it hasn't been activated in a while you will have no
>> problems. Even then you still probably won't have any issues.

> How long do you call "a while", Steve?
>
> I have tried the same thing as you suggest with legitimately obtained XP
> Home and Publisher XP2003 (2002?), and in both cases it wouldn't let me
> reactivate, saying it was already activated by the original owner, and to
> contact a Microsoft Representative per voice for further information.

I heard 3 months was the time required (but that was for WinXP Home).

YMMV?

SteveM

Nathan Mercer

news:vRxVb.21772$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> can anyone remind of the process of activating windoze xp as a
>> usedproduct
>> ? ie; second hand. If you buy the used product already activated under
>> the
>> first owners name, can you a new user use it ? Send a fax to MS ? or
>> run
>> the thing.
>>
>> I called ms nz but the guy I spoke to seemed a bit dopy. And Im not sure
>> what he was on about to be honest

> Waste of time calling them.

Thats a nice blanket statement to make, Microsoft Services take a lot of
calls. By your theory they're wasting a **** load of everyones time. I'm
sure thats not true.

>> thanks

> Get the XP activation crack.

why crack something you own?

Just activate it automatically over the Internet, if that doesn't work
(because the product key has already been recently activated) call up the
0800 activation number and a human can help you. Literally takes a few
minutes max

> Kazaa.

No thanks, its really not a great idea to download and run untrusted
executables from a P2P network

Lennier

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:08:36 +1300, Nathan Mercer wrote:

>> Get the XP activation crack.

> why crack something you own?

If you believe Micro$oft then you'd have to say he doesn't own the
software - that he only owns the media upon which it is stored.

Lennier

--
Brian Valentine - Microsoft's SVP for Windows development: "We
really haven't done everything we could to protect our customers. Our

Enkidu

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:54:54 +1300, "EAgle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:vRxVb.21772$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Nick wrote:
>>
>> > can anyone remind of the process of activating windoze xp as a

>usedproduct
>> > ? ie; second hand. If you buy the used product already activated under

>the
>> > first owners name, can you a new user use it ? Send a fax to MS ? or

>run
>> > the thing.
>> >
>> > I called ms nz but the guy I spoke to seemed a bit dopy. And Im not

>sure
>> > what he was on about to be honest

>> Waste of time calling them.
>>
>> > thanks

>> Get the XP activation crack.
>>
>> Kazaa.

>Why would he want to do something illegal if hes already got a legal copy?
>
>Activating it again (over the net for eg) shouldn't be a problem.

Because it's not a legal copy. You can't legally buy MS software from
someone else. As I recall, they don't sell you the software, just the
right to use it.

Cheers,

Cliff
--

I think that Don Brash is a Labour mole.
That would explain everything.

Max Burke

> Lennier scribbled:
> If you believe Micro$oft then you'd have to say he doesn't own the
> software - that he only owns the media upon which it is stored.

Tell me Lennier, do you OWN the code of the OS you're running? Is that what
the GPL does? Give YOU PERSONALLY ownership ot the code in the Linux OS
you're running?

Or is it just a *licence* for you to use it.......

--
mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
See Found Images at: