Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > windoze xp pro

windoze xp pro

Mainlander

In article <RUeWb.23360$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Geoff McCaughan wrote:

> >> Read the EULA, Geoff. It is illegal to modify the software for obvious
> >> reasons.

> > Just because something is asserted in an EULA does not give it the force
> > of law.

> True. You might be sued - but it isn't illegal.

Anything in the EULA that relates specifically to criminal law does cover
illegality.

Mainlander

In article <1lpbzkdd5s5rt$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)blockerDeleteIt says...
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:25:36 +1300, steve wrote:
>
> > That job used to be done by others, but most of them seem to have kill-filed
> > him

> Yeah, he's been kill filed by me for a couple of years for that very
> reason. He is dishonest and abusive and a fundamentalist Christian. That
> combination is all too common.
>
> Known as the originator of the "Dunford Shuffle" or the "Dunford Sidestep"
> - due to his continuous flaky dodges in a debate.
>
> Killfile him and save the rest of us from seeing his girlfriend-less
> frustrations exhibited in your replies to him.

Brendan is a whinger from a long way back, who was rapped over the
knuckles by his ISP admin for tossing off in groups, who has left ISPs
because he could not browbeat them to his POV.

His narcistic rants are a waste of time and bandwidth in these groups.

Mainlander

says...
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:11:58 +1300, steve wrote:
>
> > Mainlander wrote:
> >
> >> Does "legal" mean the same to you as
> >> it does to the lawmakers in this country?

> > I hope so.
> >
> > What a silly question.

> What a silly asker!

Get a life, troll

Nick

"SomebodyElse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:04:04 +1300, Mainlander wrote:
>
> > In article <EbTVb.22832$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...

> >> 1. I don't even use Windows on my home systems.
> >>
> >> 2. He appears to have a legal copy....and merely wants to use it.
> >>
> >> 3. You're stupid - as usual.

> > How do you know he has a legal copy?

> How do you know he doesn't?
> Why do you automatically assume he doesn't?
>
> > Does "legal" mean the same to you as
> > it does to the lawmakers in this country?

> What does that matter? If it's an illegal copy then surely
> trying to register it will mean that MS or whoever they appoint can
> come and kick the **** out of him. Even with a crack they could do that,
> but registering it might just make it a bit easier for them. If it's not
> an illegal copy then he'll be able to register and use it without worry.
> What's the problem?
>
> I happen to agree with Steve here (this happens occasionally, though not
> very often ), on his point #2 - it appaears he has a legal copy and
> just wants to use it.
> Why do you automatically assume he doesn't have a legal copy?
>
> Using the activation crack though would be stupid though if it was
> actually a legal copy. Using an activation crack would (I'd assume)
> automatically make it illegal, since you were deliberately bypassing the
> validation process.
>
> Just my 20c worth
>
> - Scott

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:56:09 +1300, Mainlander wrote:

> says...

>>> I hope so.
>>>
>>> What a silly question.

>> What a silly asker!