Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > web based VNC?

web based VNC?

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

Is there a web based VNC client that I can chuck on my web server?

as in so I can go to a webpage, enter in the IP/port/password of my
machine at home, and do it?

other wise I have to carry round a cd with VNCviewer.exe on it or
download it each time.

Setting up my machine to be accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't
really ideal.

--
Http://www.Dave.net.nz
Play Hangman

David Preece

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Is there a web based VNC client that I can chuck on my web server?

Ah, mate, it's better than that! The VNC server can serve up a Java web
page for the machine it's live on. All it needs is some firewall
trickery, and you're away.

http://www.realvnc.com/javavncviewer.html

It's a bit, y'know, Java but it does the job.

Cheers,
Dave

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

David Preece wrote:
>> Is there a web based VNC client that I can chuck on my web server?

> Ah, mate, it's better than that! The VNC server can serve up a Java web
> page for the machine it's live on. All it needs is some firewall
> trickery, and you're away.
> http://www.realvnc.com/javavncviewer.html
> It's a bit, y'know, Java but it does the job.

nice... but heres a bit that you snipped "Setting up my machine to be

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> nice... but heres a bit that you snipped "Setting up my machine to be
> accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't really ideal."

Sorry. Must learn to RTFusenetpost.

Dave

steve

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Is there a web based VNC client that I can chuck on my web server?
>
> as in so I can go to a webpage, enter in the IP/port/password of my
> machine at home, and do it?
>
> other wise I have to carry round a cd with VNCviewer.exe on it or
> download it each time.
>
> Setting up my machine to be accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't
> really ideal.

an ssh tunnel into the system.....then use VNC?

Are we talking Linux (comes naturally) or Windows (have to add the
functionality)?

Ian Boag

GoToMyPC

not free of course ........

"T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a web based VNC client that I can chuck on my web server?
>
>as in so I can go to a webpage, enter in the IP/port/password of my
>machine at home, and do it?
>
>other wise I have to carry round a cd with VNCviewer.exe on it or
>download it each time.
>
>Setting up my machine to be accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't
>really ideal.
>
>--
>Http://www.Dave.net.nz
>Play Hangman
>Register, and play Space Invaders or Pacman.

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:37:25 +0000, Ian Boag wrote:

> GoToMyPC
>
> not free of course ........

Even the original test VNC servers had webservers on port 5880

Try www.tightvnc.org - the server has a webserver function and it's free.

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

David Preece wrote:
>> nice... but heres a bit that you snipped "Setting up my machine to be
>> accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't really ideal."

> Sorry. Must learn to RTFusenetpost.

no worries... for the moment I am using it, but I would rather have it
turned off.

--
Http://www.Dave.net.nz
Play Hangman

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

steve wrote:
>>Setting up my machine to be accessable via the web thing in VNC isn't
>>really ideal.

> an ssh tunnel into the system.....then use VNC?
> Are we talking Linux (comes naturally) or Windows (have to add the
> functionality)?

Windows box... but, Im on wireless, with a private IP...
I can ping my machine from the webserver(putty->shell), so I figure I
can probably connect to it too. Webserver is a BSD box.

--
Http://www.Dave.net.nz
Play Hangman

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

Ian Boag wrote:
> GoToMyPC
> not free of course ........

I have tried a free trial of that ages ago, and I didn't like it, it
lagged really badly compared to VNC.

This was on Jetstart at the time.

--
Http://www.Dave.net.nz
Play Hangman

Question: Writing text file based TestBenches vs. Waveform file based simulation. BLF VHDL 4 08-07-2004 12:44 AM
Set based vs. IOS based Jim Cisco 2 02-18-2004 09:23 PM
XML based language for defining web based user interfaces Christofer Dutz XML 3 12-09-2003 12:10 PM
Software-based VERSUS hardware-based routers JohnNews Cisco 2 12-05-2003 03:00 AM
Re: python based tools for developing web-based apps Alex Martelli Python 0 08-18-2003 12:26 PM

Advertisments