Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > What to ask for these PCs?

What to ask for these PCs?

GraB

ATX case, 300W PSU
K6-2/550
256Mb SDRAM
8.4Gb HDD
FDD
4meg S3 Virge GX2 AGP (OR) 8meg Intel i740 AGP video card
Yamaha soundcard
PCI modem
Ricoh 20 10 40 CD burner
keyboard, mouse
15" monitor

OR, if above mobo doesn't go:

ATX case, 300W PSU
Gigabyte_7vm400m mobo with integrated graphics and 6 channel sound
Duron 1600 or similar
256Mb DDR RAM
8.4Gb HDD
FDD
PCI modem
Ricoh 20 10 40 CD burner
keyboard, mouse
15" monitor

Cobbling a PC together out of existing parts mainly for web browsing.

GraB

This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
worth. Is Woger ill?

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:31:54 +1300, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Cobbling a PC together out of existing parts mainly for web browsing.
>
>ATX case, 300W PSU
>K6-2/550
>256Mb SDRAM
>8.4Gb HDD
>FDD
>4meg S3 Virge GX2 AGP (OR) 8meg Intel i740 AGP video card
>Yamaha soundcard
>PCI modem
>Ricoh 20 10 40 CD burner
>keyboard, mouse
>15" monitor
>
>OR, if above mobo doesn't go:
>
>ATX case, 300W PSU
>Gigabyte_7vm400m mobo with integrated graphics and 6 channel sound
>Duron 1600 or similar
>256Mb DDR RAM
>8.4Gb HDD
>FDD
>PCI modem
>Ricoh 20 10 40 CD burner
>keyboard, mouse
>15" monitor

L33T

lol. perhaps no more than usual.

> This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
> worth. Is Woger ill?

Lebowski

"L33T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c03l2f$2sh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> lol. perhaps no more than usual.
>
> > This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
> > worth. Is Woger ill?

Your choice of chip manufacturer is not endorsed by Big Corporations. Throw
them in the skip, or pass them off to some unsuspecting grandma!

GraB

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 11:51:00 +1300, "Lebowski"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"L33T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:c03l2f$2sh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> lol. perhaps no more than usual.
>>
>> > This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
>> > worth. Is Woger ill?

>Your choice of chip manufacturer is not endorsed by Big Corporations. Throw
>them in the skip, or pass them off to some unsuspecting grandma!

That is what I was going to do, so how much are they worth?

~misfit~

GraB wrote:

Off the top of my head:

> ATX case, 300W PSU
> K6-2/550
> 256Mb SDRAM
> 8.4Gb HDD
> FDD
> 4meg S3 Virge GX2 AGP (OR) 8meg Intel i740 AGP video card
> Yamaha soundcard
> PCI modem
> Ricoh 20 10 40 CD burner
> keyboard, mouse
> 15" monitor

$350

> OR, if above mobo doesn't go:
>
> ATX case, 300W PSU
> Gigabyte_7vm400m mobo with integrated graphics and 6 channel sound
> Duron 1600 or similar
> 256Mb DDR RAM
> 8.4Gb HDD
> FDD
> PCI modem
> Ricoh 20 10 40 CD burner
> keyboard, mouse
> 15" monitor

$500
--
~misfit~

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

GraB wrote:
> This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
> worth. Is Woger ill?

~$400 for the first one, ~$550 for the second...

It depends on where you sell them of course
Trademe will mean you get more(seems to be a lower level knowledge there).
Usenet will beat you down until it aint worth selling.

--
Http://www.Dave.net.nz
Play Hangman

~misfit~

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> GraB wrote:
>> This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
>> worth. Is Woger ill?

> ~$400 for the first one, ~$550 for the second...

Hmm, $50 more per PC than I thought. I would have agreed with you until
those $999 specials started to appear with 17" monitors, warranties and far
bigger HDDs.
--
~misfit~

GraB

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:16:39 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>GraB wrote:
>> This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
>> worth. Is Woger ill?

>~$400 for the first one, ~$550 for the second...

A friend of mine who deals in second-hand PCs was around today and he
thought $400 for the first one too. As it happens is a goer. I have
a buyer in mine and would give support when needed, a sort of
warranty.

Thanks to those who opined.

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

~misfit~ wrote:
> Hmm, $50 more per PC than I thought. I would have agreed with you until
> those $999 specials started to appear with 17" monitors, warranties and far
> bigger HDDs.

yeah I noticed that myself from your replies... but Im usually overly
generous with things like this.

--
Http://www.Dave.net.nz
Play Hangman