Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't see behind new wireless router

Can't see behind new wireless router

drewltate@gmail.com

Hi,

In our small office network, we had one area with 2 computers using
DHCP and a printer with static IP hanging off of a Linksys WRT54GS.

My laptop was having trouble holding a connection with the router (even
though I use the same router at home with no problems), so I switched
the Linksys for a Netgear WGR614 v.6.

Now, everything behing the router is invisible on XP machines outside
the router and some of the machines can't print to the printer...

The Netgear is set IP address 192.168.1.2 and has a higher range of
assignable IPs so it won't conflict with the Linksys which is now
elsewhere on the network.

Any thoughts or questions?

Thanks,
Drew