Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Problem with IE6 and AirNZ site

Problem with IE6 and AirNZ site

pete

HIi, I'm having problems which I hope someone can advise on. Scenario:
several PCs at a site connecting to the 'net via lan and ADSL. No firewall.
PCs running Windows ME (cringe), Internet Exploder Ver 6, running Windows
update returns that there are no updates required. On one PC only, at
http://www.airnz.co.nz the fare finder on the home page causes message
"error on page". Java and cookies enabled, all the security settings are at
minimum as suggested by the online help .
All other PCs at this site have no problem with the AirNZ page. Any ideas?
TIA
Pete

dmbkiwi

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 23:46:06 +1300, pete wrote:

> HIi, I'm having problems which I hope someone can advise on. Scenario:
> several PCs at a site connecting to the 'net via lan and ADSL. No
> firewall. PCs running Windows ME (cringe), Internet Exploder Ver 6,
> running Windows update returns that there are no updates required. On one
> PC only, at http://www.airnz.co.nz the fare finder on the home page causes
> message "error on page". Java and cookies enabled, all the security
> settings are at minimum as suggested by the online help . All other PCs at
> this site have no problem with the AirNZ page. Any ideas? TIA
> Pete

Try with a different browser? Mozilla? Opera?

Matt

Gavin Tunney

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 23:46:06 +1300, pete <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>HIi, I'm having problems which I hope someone can advise on. Scenario:
>several PCs at a site connecting to the 'net via lan and ADSL. No firewall.
>PCs running Windows ME (cringe), Internet Exploder Ver 6, running Windows
>update returns that there are no updates required. On one PC only, at
>http://www.airnz.co.nz the fare finder on the home page causes message
>"error on page". Java and cookies enabled, all the security settings are at
>minimum as suggested by the online help .
>All other PCs at this site have no problem with the AirNZ page. Any ideas?
>TIA
>Pete

If you haven't already I'd suggest putting the site in the trusted
sites zone Pete, and if that doesn't work you might want to look at
updating the java virtual machine....possibly even download the latest
from Sun. I'm pretty sure 'error on page' is a java vm error message,
and the fare finder is a java app.

Cheers

Gavin

Nathan Mercer

"Gavin Tunney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 23:46:06 +1300, pete <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>HIi, I'm having problems which I hope someone can advise on. Scenario:
>>several PCs at a site connecting to the 'net via lan and ADSL. No
>>firewall.
>>PCs running Windows ME (cringe), Internet Exploder Ver 6, running Windows
>>update returns that there are no updates required. On one PC only, at
>>http://www.airnz.co.nz the fare finder on the home page causes message
>>"error on page". Java and cookies enabled, all the security settings are
>>at
>>minimum as suggested by the online help .
>>All other PCs at this site have no problem with the AirNZ page. Any ideas?
>>TIA
>>Pete

> If you haven't already I'd suggest putting the site in the trusted
> sites zone Pete, and if that doesn't work you might want to look at
> updating the java virtual machine....possibly even download the latest
> from Sun. I'm pretty sure 'error on page' is a java vm error message,
> and the fare finder is a java app.

Might want to try deleting your IE cache and/or control F5 to refresh the
page

If the farefinder is the GO button on the left hand side on airnz.co.nz it
doesn't look like it uses a Java VM at all to me