Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > 'Maxnet' internet users

Reply
Thread Tools

'Maxnet' internet users

 
 
Snoopy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004
I am considering switching ISPs to Maxnet. What is the international
news group service like?

SNOOPY


--
Join the fight against aggressive, unrepentant
spammers 'china-netcom'. E-mail me for more
details

--
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
E. Scrooge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004

"Snoopy (*is n)" <te**yson@caverock.*et.*z> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am considering switching ISPs to Maxnet. What is the international
> news group service like?
>
> SNOOPY


I've just joined Slingshot $10 deal from the Warehouse for the first month.
A damn sight more competitive outfit than the Aussie owned ihug is.
So far it's just as good as ihug for connecting and speed... just a damn
sight cheaper.

E. Scrooge


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
max
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:08:24 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:

>
>"Snoopy (*is n)" <te**yson@caverock.*et.*z> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I am considering switching ISPs to Maxnet. What is the international
>> news group service like?
>>
>> SNOOPY

>
>I've just joined Slingshot $10 deal from the Warehouse for the first month.
>A damn sight more competitive outfit than the Aussie owned ihug is.
>So far it's just as good as ihug for connecting and speed... just a damn
>sight cheaper.
>
>E. Scrooge
>


They have been good lately, but they tend to have issueswhen they
start promoting themselves and then can't cope with the new demand of
the new customers.
 
Reply With Quote
 
E. Scrooge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004

"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:08:24 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:
>
> >
> >"Snoopy (*is n)" <te**yson@caverock.*et.*z> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> I am considering switching ISPs to Maxnet. What is the international
> >> news group service like?
> >>
> >> SNOOPY

> >
> >I've just joined Slingshot $10 deal from the Warehouse for the first

month.
> >A damn sight more competitive outfit than the Aussie owned ihug is.
> >So far it's just as good as ihug for connecting and speed... just a damn
> >sight cheaper.
> >
> >E. Scrooge
> >

>
> They have been good lately, but they tend to have issueswhen they
> start promoting themselves and then can't cope with the new demand of
> the new customers.


Only thing I've found at the moment is a slow response for posts in the
newsgroups to appear. One bugger took about 9 minutes, ihug is damn near
instant at times. Emails are good though, a test one came back straight
away.
Is the news service usually that slow after clicking the send button for the
post to **** off to the groups?

Connecting tonight was good, straight through on the first try. They could
well get a lot of customers with the heavy promotions. Hopefully they're
ready to handle it all. I see they offer 10% off if you prepay for a year,
making it $15 a month for flat rate. Good on them if they can be that
competitive while still being reliable.

E. Scrooge


 
Reply With Quote
 
E. Scrooge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004

"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:08:24 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> > (*sling)> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > >"Snoopy (*is n)" <te**yson@caverock.*et.*z> wrote in message
> > >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > >> I am considering switching ISPs to Maxnet. What is the international
> > >> news group service like?
> > >>
> > >> SNOOPY
> > >
> > >I've just joined Slingshot $10 deal from the Warehouse for the first

> month.
> > >A damn sight more competitive outfit than the Aussie owned ihug is.
> > >So far it's just as good as ihug for connecting and speed... just a

damn
> > >sight cheaper.
> > >
> > >E. Scrooge
> > >

> >
> > They have been good lately, but they tend to have issueswhen they
> > start promoting themselves and then can't cope with the new demand of
> > the new customers.

>
> Only thing I've found at the moment is a slow response for posts in the
> newsgroups to appear. One bugger took about 9 minutes, ihug is damn near
> instant at times. Emails are good though, a test one came back straight
> away.
> Is the news service usually that slow after clicking the send button for

the
> post to **** off to the groups?


Only took a minute for that bugger to turn up, that's a bit more resonable.

To be fair ihug's news service become useless for half an hour each night
just after midnight.

E. Scrooge


 
Reply With Quote
 
max
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:20:06 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:

>
>"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:08:24 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
>> (*sling)> wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >"Snoopy (*is n)" <te**yson@caverock.*et.*z> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> >> I am considering switching ISPs to Maxnet. What is the international
>> >> news group service like?
>> >>
>> >> SNOOPY
>> >
>> >I've just joined Slingshot $10 deal from the Warehouse for the first

>month.
>> >A damn sight more competitive outfit than the Aussie owned ihug is.
>> >So far it's just as good as ihug for connecting and speed... just a damn
>> >sight cheaper.
>> >
>> >E. Scrooge
>> >

>>
>> They have been good lately, but they tend to have issueswhen they
>> start promoting themselves and then can't cope with the new demand of
>> the new customers.

>
>Only thing I've found at the moment is a slow response for posts in the
>newsgroups to appear. One bugger took about 9 minutes, ihug is damn near
>instant at times. Emails are good though, a test one came back straight
>away.
>Is the news service usually that slow after clicking the send button for the
>post to **** off to the groups?
>
>Connecting tonight was good, straight through on the first try. They could
>well get a lot of customers with the heavy promotions. Hopefully they're
>ready to handle it all. I see they offer 10% off if you prepay for a year,
>making it $15 a month for flat rate. Good on them if they can be that
>competitive while still being reliable.
>
>E. Scrooge
>

I think it is a little slow on the newgroups, but when I reply, they
appear immediately.

 
Reply With Quote
 
E. Scrooge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004

"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:20:06 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> (*sling)> wrote:
>
> >
> >"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:08:24 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> >> (*sling)> wrote:
> >>
> >> >
> >> >"Snoopy (*is n)" <te**yson@caverock.*et.*z> wrote in message
> >> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> >> I am considering switching ISPs to Maxnet. What is the

international
> >> >> news group service like?
> >> >>
> >> >> SNOOPY
> >> >
> >> >I've just joined Slingshot $10 deal from the Warehouse for the first

> >month.
> >> >A damn sight more competitive outfit than the Aussie owned ihug is.
> >> >So far it's just as good as ihug for connecting and speed... just a

damn
> >> >sight cheaper.
> >> >
> >> >E. Scrooge
> >> >
> >>
> >> They have been good lately, but they tend to have issueswhen they
> >> start promoting themselves and then can't cope with the new demand of
> >> the new customers.

> >
> >Only thing I've found at the moment is a slow response for posts in the
> >newsgroups to appear. One bugger took about 9 minutes, ihug is damn near
> >instant at times. Emails are good though, a test one came back straight
> >away.
> >Is the news service usually that slow after clicking the send button for

the
> >post to **** off to the groups?
> >
> >Connecting tonight was good, straight through on the first try. They

could
> >well get a lot of customers with the heavy promotions. Hopefully they're
> >ready to handle it all. I see they offer 10% off if you prepay for a

year,
> >making it $15 a month for flat rate. Good on them if they can be that
> >competitive while still being reliable.
> >
> >E. Scrooge
> >

> I think it is a little slow on the newgroups, but when I reply, they
> appear immediately.


Your post looks like it appeared when you sent it, if you sent it at 9:56pm.

E. Scrooge


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rich
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004

"Snoopy (*is n)" <te**yson@caverock.*et.*z> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am considering switching ISPs to Maxnet. What is the international
> news group service like?
>

They used to have a few news server problems, for a while there every few
days I would email them saying 'your news server has crashed' and someone
would go and prod it with a stick and it would go for a few more days.
Recently though it has been very good, I haven't noticed any missing
international groups.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mainlander
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
> I am considering switching ISPs to Maxnet. What is the international
> news group service like?


What's wrong with Caverock?

--
Full featured open source Win32 newsreader - Gravity 2.70
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Snoopy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2004
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:20:18 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>te**yson@caverock.*et.*z says...
>> I am considering switching ISPs to Maxnet. What is the international
>> news group service like?

>
>What's wrong with Caverock?
>

International newsgroup support at Caverock is being discontinued from
the end of the month.

SNOOPY


--
Join the fight against aggressive, unrepentant
spammers 'china-netcom'. E-mail me for more
details

--
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explorer 8: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe vs C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe Nathan Sokalski Windows 64bit 16 02-22-2010 08:31 AM
Internet Threats for Internet or online (home) Users a_monk Computer Security 12 06-27-2006 06:49 PM
How to Synchronize anonymous users with authenticated users using profiles? Rodusa ASP .Net 2 09-08-2005 08:12 PM
Help me in making users/deleting users in active directory Sara rafiee ASP .Net 3 10-04-2004 01:35 PM
Reg. Listing Only Online Users in a Seperate JTree from the Total Users. Sunil Miriyala Java 0 03-01-2004 04:58 PM



Advertisments