Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > XP Pro ISP Connection Problem

XP Pro ISP Connection Problem

lrollo@paradise.net.nz

I had a working ISP connection when I re-installed XP Pro.

I had inadvertently deleted some system fonts and, not being able
to find the fonts folder, I re-installed XP.

This solved the font program, but subsequently my ISP connection
would not work.

I tried to create another connection. I can get as far as the
option to make a manual connection, but the next screen, which
includes the radio button to connect via a dial-up modem, is greyed
out and the radio button cannot be moved from the broadband option.

The modem is recognised by the system and responds appropriately
to diagnostic test, so the problem is with XP not the modem.

Can anyone suggest a solution, or options to try.

Naturally I want to avoid a complete un-insdtall and re-install
if at all possible.

Aaron Lawrence

Suddenly, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) sprang forth and uttered these pithy
words:
> I had a working ISP connection when I re-installed XP Pro.
>
> I had inadvertently deleted some system fonts and, not being able
> to find the fonts folder, I re-installed XP.
>
> This solved the font program, but subsequently my ISP connection
> would not work.

I don't know whether it's the same, but after I reinstalled Win2K over
top of itself to fix another problem, the modems would not work. Had to
clean install to get dialup working.

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and