Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Project Looking Glass - Cool!

Project Looking Glass - Cool!

steve

http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html

Sun's java-based desktop (for Linux - or whatever).

This looks *really* cool. Seriously, seriously cool.

Check out the demo above.

Low bandwidth plays best. With RealOne v10 (on Linux or whatever) it still
looks really good even blown up on a 1280x1024 desktop.

Dogg

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:08:52 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
>
>Sun's java-based desktop (for Linux - or whatever).
>
>This looks *really* cool. Seriously, seriously cool.
>
>Check out the demo above.
>
>Low bandwidth plays best. With RealOne v10 (on Linux or whatever) it still
>looks really good even blown up on a 1280x1024 desktop.

Real Player? Rude

Russell Smithies

Dogg wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:08:52 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>> http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
>>
>> Sun's java-based desktop (for Linux - or whatever).
>>
>> This looks *really* cool. Seriously, seriously cool.
>>
>> Check out the demo above.
>>
>> Low bandwidth plays best. With RealOne v10 (on Linux or whatever) it
>> still looks really good even blown up on a 1280x1024 desktop.

> Real Player? Rude

grab "real-alternative" from kazaa-lite's site.
seems to be an old version of media player that plays all the real media
streams

Russell

Zaphod

This is truely cool.
I cant wait to use it.
Im always wanting to read something on one window but it is behind
the one im typing on. Can wait till I can have the one I want to
read visible but angled into the screen - I'd still be able to read it
but also able to type in the open window.
Bet MS releases a version of this pretty soon too.

Dogg wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:08:52 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
>>
>>Sun's java-based desktop (for Linux - or whatever).
>>
>>This looks *really* cool. Seriously, seriously cool.
>>
>>Check out the demo above.
>>
>>Low bandwidth plays best. With RealOne v10 (on Linux or whatever) it still
>>looks really good even blown up on a 1280x1024 desktop.

> Real Player? Rude

Real get my vote because they do a player for all platforms. The others -
proprietary MS and Apple - only support their pet platforms. 'Real' is best
when the proprietary boys are playing games and getting in the way.

Having said that, I *do* use WMP 6.4 for Windows (on Linux) and I also use
Quicktime 6.3 for Windows (on Linux).

But the latest Real Player "RealOne v10" is pretty good.....certainly on
linux.