Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Mars Rover Software

Mars Rover Software

E. Scrooge

The Rover sent a mesage back to NASA - "To continue using the software
beyond the expiry date you'll need to purchase the code to unlock it with no
further limitations at a cost of $19.95".

That's what happens when using shareware software once the free trial period
runs out - one Mars explorer reduced to space junk.

E. Scrooge

Nicholas Sherlock

E. Scrooge wrote:
> The Rover sent a mesage back to NASA - "To continue using the software
> beyond the expiry date you'll need to purchase the code to unlock it
> with no further limitations at a cost of $19.95".
>
> That's what happens when using shareware software once the free trial
> period runs out - one Mars explorer reduced to space junk.
>
> E. Scrooge

Did you just pull this "news" out of your ass, or do you have a source?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

L33T

wow. if you squint while reading it it could almost be funny.

> The Rover sent a mesage back to NASA - "To continue using the software
> beyond the expiry date you'll need to purchase the code to unlock it
> with no further limitations at a cost of $19.95".
>
> That's what happens when using shareware software once the free trial
> period runs out - one Mars explorer reduced to space junk.

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

E. Scrooge wrote:
> That's what happens when using shareware software once the free trial period
> runs out - one Mars explorer reduced to space junk.

If they had got there a little quicker, the trial period wouldn't have
run out already...

--
Http://www.Dave.net.nz
Play Hangman

Warwick

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:13:52 +1300, E. Scroogeremove eye wrote:

> The Rover sent a mesage back to NASA - "To continue using the software
> beyond the expiry date you'll need to purchase the code to unlock it with no
> further limitations at a cost of $19.95".
>
> That's what happens when using shareware software once the free trial period
> runs out - one Mars explorer reduced to space junk.
>
> E. Scrooge

I prefer the life on mars theory. They are up there, they know what we are
like and don't want anything to do with us.
Thats two probes the martians have knocked off this week.

collector@

E. Scrooge wrote:
> The Rover sent a mesage back to NASA - "To continue using the software
> beyond the expiry date you'll need to purchase the code to unlock it with no
> further limitations at a cost of $19.95".
>
> That's what happens when using shareware software once the free trial period
> runs out - one Mars explorer reduced to space junk.
>
> E. Scrooge

Nah, They used EverReady batteries and they have gone flat far too quickly.

GraB

<(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote:

>The Rover sent a mesage back to NASA - "To continue using the software
>beyond the expiry date you'll need to purchase the code to unlock it with no
>further limitations at a cost of $19.95".
>
>That's what happens when using shareware software once the free trial period
>runs out - one Mars explorer reduced to space junk.
>
>E. Scrooge

I have had a crack come unstuck and suddenly be told that the prog has
expired. Perhaps it was the same here.

Southern Kiwi

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> E. Scrooge wrote:
> > The Rover sent a mesage back to NASA - "To continue using the software
> > beyond the expiry date you'll need to purchase the code to unlock it
> > with no further limitations at a cost of $19.95".
> > That's what happens when using shareware software once the free trial
> > period runs out - one Mars explorer reduced to space junk.
> > E. Scrooge

> Did you just pull this "news" out of your ass, or do you have a source?

Now THATS funny......you were joking right????????????????

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

Lebowski

"E. Scrooge" <(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote in message
news:buql41$nsk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Rover sent a mesage back to NASA - "To continue using the software
> beyond the expiry date you'll need to purchase the code to unlock it with

no
> further limitations at a cost of $19.95".
>
> That's what happens when using shareware software once the free trial

period
> runs out - one Mars explorer reduced to space junk.

Ah well, looks like NASA will be taking a little trip down to astalavista..

Gordon

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:35:05 +1300, Southern Kiwi wrote:

> "Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> E. Scrooge wrote:
>> > The Rover sent a mesage back to NASA - "To continue using the software
>> > beyond the expiry date you'll need to purchase the code to unlock it
>> > with no further limitations at a cost of $19.95".
>> > That's what happens when using shareware software once the free trial
>> > period runs out - one Mars explorer reduced to space junk.
>> > E. Scrooge

>> Did you just pull this "news" out of your ass, or do you have a source?
>>

> Now THATS funny......you were joking right????????????????

So you have the source. Care to share it.