Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Uncompatible modem/phone

Uncompatible modem/phone

nof

Alcatel Speed adsl modem is clashing with a new phone Uniden FP105H. The phone
only works when the modem is disconnected. Is there any little electrical
thingie which could referee, or alleviate the static I get on the line when the
modem is on?

nof

Rider

"nof" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alcatel Speed adsl modem is clashing with a new phone Uniden FP105H. The

phone
> only works when the modem is disconnected. Is there any little electrical
> thingie which could referee, or alleviate the static I get on the line

when the
> modem is on?
>
> nof

Have you got a filter on the phone jack to filter out the modem adsl signal?

If you have, maybe the filter is crook?

Rider

nof

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:30:36 +1300, "Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"nof" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Alcatel Speed adsl modem is clashing with a new phone Uniden FP105H. The

>phone
>> only works when the modem is disconnected. Is there any little electrical
>> thingie which could referee, or alleviate the static I get on the line

>when the
>> modem is on?
>>
>> nof

>Have you got a filter on the phone jack to filter out the modem adsl signal?
>
>If you have, maybe the filter is crook?
>
>Rider

I'll try a different filter.
nof