Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Alcatel Speed Touch Pro port mapping

Alcatel Speed Touch Pro port mapping

madknoxie

With my Alcatel Speed Touch Pro, I'm trying to map port 80 on my router
to another machine on my network with a webserver listening on port 80.
So I telnet in to my router and try to map it but get the following
response:

=>nat
[nat]=>create
protocol = tcp
inside_addr = 10.0.0.5
[inside_port] = 80
outside_addr = 0
[outside_port] = 80
Failed to create static NAT entry.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? There has to be at least one
other person here who has successfully mapped port 80 on their speed
touch pro, right?

Thanks.

--
madknoxie
Permanent Members, UN Security Council: USA, UK, France, China, Russia

EMB

"madknoxie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> =>nat
> [nat]=>create
> protocol = tcp
> inside_addr = 10.0.0.5 <------- is this ip of the

machine on your network?? It should be.

> [inside_port] = 80
> outside_addr = 0 <---------- this should be the

ip the outside world is trying to access

In article <bueivk$nu0$(E-Mail Removed)>, "EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "madknoxie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > =>nat
> > [nat]=>create
> > protocol = tcp
> > inside_addr = 10.0.0.5 <------- is this ip of the

> machine on your network?? It should be.

Yep, it is.

> > [inside_port] = 80
> > outside_addr = 0 <---------- this should be the

> ip the outside world is trying to access

Is there anyway to get around that, seeing that the IP address will
change every time the router re-connects? Thanks for your help.

--
madknoxie
Permanent Members, UN Security Council: USA, UK, France, China, Russia
The world's biggest arms traders: USA, UK, France, China, Russia

EMB

"madknoxie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there anyway to get around that, seeing that the IP address will
> change every time the router re-connects? Thanks for your help.

Sorry I was wrong - with static ip you can leave the external ip as 0

There's some info on this here
http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/howtos/Alcate...pinholing.html

EMB

madknoxie

In article <buf1r1$1u2$(E-Mail Removed)>, "EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "madknoxie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there anyway to get around that, seeing that the IP address will
> > change every time the router re-connects? Thanks for your help.
> >

> Sorry I was wrong - with static ip you can leave the external ip as 0
>
> There's some info on this here
> http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/howtos/Alcate...pinholing.html

Thanks for that, its working now. I used the 'list' command and it
appears that port 80 was already mapped, only to a different IP address
than the one I wanted. So long story cut short, delete old map, create
new one. Seems to be working fine.

As a side issue, I installed one of the DynDNS clients and it works ok,
only it updates DynDNS with my local IP address instead of the router's
IP addy. Is there any easy way to deal with that? Is this a common
problem?

--
madknoxie
Permanent Members, UN Security Council: USA, UK, France, China, Russia
The world's biggest arms traders: USA, UK, France, China, Russia

FileUtils.touch not consistent with system('touch') Han Holl Ruby 4 10-12-2006 05:36 AM
Alcatel Speed Touch PC ADSL Starkey NZ Computing 3 06-14-2005 05:05 AM
port mapping speed gooogooo Cisco 2 09-08-2004 12:39 AM
Win XP Pro (SP1) -- DUN tray icon & Task Manager show 'port speed' _not_ 'connection speed'. hummingbird Computer Support 6 06-12-2004 10:37 AM