Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ADSL per minute?

ADSL per minute?

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

"Zon is charging 1.79 per hour in the evening and weekends (and more on
work days), while unmetered ADSL access from Zon cost as low as 14.95
per month. It also charges a connection fee per session of 0.25. This
is to avoid that subscribers log in shortly to get their email and save
money."

Further down the story is the plan that I'd like to see here.
"Meanwhile, KPN Telecom has started a ADSL To Go service for as low as
21,95 per month. Users get speeds at 384 Kbps downstream and 128 Kbps
upstream, but KPN does not offer standard web hosting, e mail or
newsgroups facilities. Their advice: Bring your own webmail."

--
Http://www.Dave.net.nz
Play Hangman

Enkidu

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:58:37 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/34861.html
>
>"Zon is charging 1.79 per hour in the evening and weekends (and more on
>work days), while unmetered ADSL access from Zon cost as low as 14.95
>per month. It also charges a connection fee per session of 0.25. This
>is to avoid that subscribers log in shortly to get their email and save
>money."

Seems a bit silly to have an "always on" system then charge by the
hour. That works out at 720 Euros a month! Telecom would LOOOVE that
plan.

Cheers,

Cliff
--

Christmas comes but once a year, thank the gods. I don't think
that I could cope with twice.

Richard Malcolm-Smith

Enkidu wrote:

> Seems a bit silly to have an "always on" system then charge by the
> hour. That works out at 720 Euros a month! Telecom would LOOOVE that
> plan.

The only thing always on about ADSL is that most people get a router. You can
get a dialup router and have always on dialup if you want to.

Enkidu

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:01:00 +1300, Richard Malcolm-Smith
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Enkidu wrote:
>
>> Seems a bit silly to have an "always on" system then charge by the
>> hour. That works out at 720 Euros a month! Telecom would LOOOVE that
>> plan.

>The only thing always on about ADSL is that most people get a router. You can
>get a dialup router and have always on dialup if you want to.

Oh, like ISDN was promoted as "always on if you need it". hehe!

Cheers,

Cliff