Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Cap's on mainboard looking sad

Cap's on mainboard looking sad

Kristofer Clayton

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:47:48 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Steve Robertson)
wrote:

>>Anyone know if the CPU will survive this? I don't have another Socket
>>370 board around.
>>

>CPU should be OK, never seen one killed by faulty caps (yet)
>You may have trouble finding a S370 board (it will be old stock)
>This would be a good time for an upgrade, but you will need the extra $$$$
>Look for a 3 year guarentee on the m/b (Gigabyte gives this)

Thanks Steve.

I found a friend with a Socket 370 AOpen board, and tested the CPU
with that, and it booted perfectly, so I am happy.

I found PP have some Soltek 65ME-T boards (Socket 370) listed, same as
my dead one but possibly a bit newer, will tie me over for a year or
so (probably until the caps go on that one too!) - but by then I'll be
prepared and go buy a Pentium 4 mobo/CPU or something.

--
Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
Gisborne, New Zealand