Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Do you trust your Bios..?

Do you trust your Bios..?

Robin Wheeler

Well it turns out, in my case you can't.

DDR Voltage set to Nomal (2.5v)

But I noticed the Vcore 1 reading with MBM5 was 2.85v, but what was Vcore 1,
so I contacted Alex at MBM and he came back and stated that Vcore 1 is the
DIMM Voltage.?

So did some more checking, use the Gigabyte EasyTune4 Utile, this was showing
2.9v.?

Then use Sandra, this was Showing AUX Voltage 2.91v

Also found that EasyTune 4, you can turn this down to 2.6v and both MBM5 and
Sandra proved this with a 2.5xv report.

I then grabbed my Fluke 79mand checked DDR pin 7 when in the bios and it
reports 2.917v, also the same when in XP.

My Kingmax Rams are rated 2.7V Max.

So have you checked your DDR voltage of late.?