Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows 98 Support Ends

Windows 98 Support Ends

Lennier

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:41:28 +1300, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

>> But then, if you have to reinstall due to a HDD failure how do you shake the
>> bugs out of the new install?

> Lift it out the window, and shake vigorously for 10-15 mins
> If you find it is still buggy, rinse and repeat.

I find boxen live longer before needing to be de-grimed if they're kept
on top of a wardrobe or some other tall cabinet.

Lennier

--
Newsman - on CD piracy: "Entertainment meets Geekery meets Vengeance. It's
unstoppable. A match made in Heaven."

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

~misfit~ wrote:
>>>But then, if you have to reinstall due to a HDD failure how do you
>>>shake the bugs out of the new install?

>>Lift it out the window, and shake vigorously for 10-15 mins
>>If you find it is still buggy, rinse and repeat.

> Do I have to open the case?

no silly, it's software, it just automagically comes out.

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

Lennier wrote:
>>>But then, if you have to reinstall due to a HDD failure how do you shake the
>>>bugs out of the new install?

>>Lift it out the window, and shake vigorously for 10-15 mins
>>If you find it is still buggy, rinse and repeat.

> I find boxen live longer before needing to be de-grimed if they're kept
> on top of a wardrobe or some other tall cabinet.

oh yeah for grim that'll do it, but I was talking about shaking software
bugs out.

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

Lennier

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:15:06 +1300, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

>>>Lift it out the window, and shake vigorously for 10-15 mins
>>>If you find it is still buggy, rinse and repeat.

>> I find boxen live longer before needing to be de-grimed if they're kept
>> on top of a wardrobe or some other tall cabinet.

> oh yeah for grim that'll do it, but I was talking about shaking software
> bugs out.

I gathered that...

Lennier

--
"When dealing with the Religious Right one should remember that 'truth'
is not a part of the rules of their game."