Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Call Waiting modem

Call Waiting modem

Spending too much time online - people can't get through.

has some good options (aside from going jetstream but that's not an
option for me)

I've looked at i-ring and catch-a-call devices but they seem a bit
pricey - for that sort of money I may as well buy a call waiting modem
(depending on the price it could be a fraction of an i-ring device).

Anyone know of any sold in NZ that definately works?

K & S

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:55:57 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (A) wrote:

>Spending too much time online - people can't get through.
>
>http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2761374a28,00.html
>
>has some good options (aside from going jetstream but that's not an
>option for me)
>
>I've looked at i-ring and catch-a-call devices but they seem a bit
>pricey - for that sort of money I may as well buy a call waiting modem
>(depending on the price it could be a fraction of an i-ring device).
>
>Anyone know of any sold in NZ that definately works?

Yes supported by V92, but that's not being supported here..

Me thinks you are just out of luck, get a second phone line..

Mr Scebe

"K & S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> Yes supported by V92, but that's not being supported here..
>
> Me thinks you are just out of luck, get a second phone line..

And for that price, you're better off with Jetstart.

--
Mr Scebe
Losers always whine about their 'best'.

cowboyz

Mr Scebe wrote:
> "K & S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Yes supported by V92, but that's not being supported here..
>>
>> Me thinks you are just out of luck, get a second phone line..

> And for that price, you're better off with Jetstart.

Just come across this with Ihug that I thought I might give a go. Don't
know if any other ISP are offering it.

http://www.ihug.co.nz/xchange/index.html

MarkH

(E-Mail Removed) (A) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Spending too much time online - people can't get through.
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2761374a28,00.html
>
> has some good options (aside from going jetstream but that's not an
> option for me)
>
> I've looked at i-ring and catch-a-call devices but they seem a bit
> pricey - for that sort of money I may as well buy a call waiting modem
> (depending on the price it could be a fraction of an i-ring device).
>
> Anyone know of any sold in NZ that definately works?

Try an easy solution! Buy a prepay cellphone and get call minder with a
message to call the cellphone if it’s urgent.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
understand binary and those that don't"

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (A) wrote:

>Spending too much time online - people can't get through.

That's why I subscribed to Call Minder. Then just disconnect every few
hours or whatever and see if there are any messages.

Worm

"Lawrence DčOliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (A) wrote:
>
> >Spending too much time online - people can't get through.

> That's why I subscribed to Call Minder. Then just disconnect every few
> hours or whatever and see if there are any messages.

wow, cool! I remember coming across a service very similar some time ago
online. Good to see IHUG trying it outl. Pity about all those different
charges though - what a nightmare.

WOrm

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ldo@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand says...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (A) wrote:
>
> >Spending too much time online - people can't get through.

> That's why I subscribed to Call Minder. Then just disconnect every few
> hours or whatever and see if there are any messages.

get a numeric pager and get the callminder to page you when a message is
left. Costs you 19c each time.

Old style call waiting Alt-Ctrl-Del Computer Support 6 10-13-2005 04:16 AM
Sipgate & Call Waiting ID bacillus cereus UK VOIP 0 05-19-2005 06:36 PM
call waiting detap Computer Support 2 01-28-2005 01:34 AM
Call waiting and CHAT script News Account Cisco 1 01-25-2004 09:05 PM
V92 modem & call waiting facilities? Al NZ Computing 3 11-30-2003 04:59 AM

Advertisments