Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Advice Needed On Cpu Temp

Advice Needed On Cpu Temp

Mainlander

In article <4cILb.7154$(E-Mail Removed)>, ~misfit~@his_desk.com
says...
> Mainlander wrote:
> > In article <UC_Jb.1720$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > ~misfit~@his_desk.com says...

> >> Agree on all counts.

> >> So, it's the fans........... Bwahaaahaaa.
> >>
> >> Loupole, you need to get more airflow through your case. Your case
> >> temp is too high, in general even the very best HSF can only keep
> >> the CPU within 12C of the case temp. With that set-up you need *at
> >> least* two case fans in summer, one blowing out below your PSU and
> >> one sucking in at the front. If you already have two then check that
> >> your IDE cables etc. aren't obstructing the air-flow through the
> >> case.
> >>
> >> Lower your case temp and the CPU temp will folllow. "Dumbdedo"'s
> >> advice is flawed as he doesn't really give you any help, just
> >> anecdotal evidence concerning a case with a side removed.

> > My old P166MMX is reading 65 in summer with the motherboard temp at
> > 31, I figure getting at least one fan at the back should lower the
> > CPU temp? there are vents at the front of the case so the dust
> > shouldn't be sucked through the CD ROM

> What are you using to cool the CPU? A 34C difference in CPU/case temp
> suggests to me that the CPU HSF isn't very good.

It's a boxed pentium with the glued on heatsink, these readings have
always been typical for this system, the differential varies depending on
the local air temp which suggests to me that more air flow is needed.

K & S

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:28:55 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:52:17 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <UC_Jb.1720$(E-Mail Removed)>, ~misfit~@his_desk.com
>> >says...

>> >My old P166MMX is reading 65 in summer with the motherboard temp at 31, I
>> >figure getting at least one fan at the back should lower the CPU temp?
>> >there are vents at the front of the case so the dust shouldn't be sucked
>> >through the CD ROM

>> Why all this illegal HTML postings..
>>
>> Or is it that this news group is now full or Dorks..?

>Full of you, my posts are made using a plain text reader
>
>You shouldn't complain just because the news client you are using came
>out of the ark

At lest mine is not obsolete like yours..

And fully Suprted and soon V2 will be out..

Time me think for you to upgrade..

K & S

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:30:05 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>In article <4cILb.7154$(E-Mail Removed)>, ~misfit~@his_desk.com
>says...
>> Mainlander wrote:
>> > In article <UC_Jb.1720$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> > ~misfit~@his_desk.com says...

>> > My old P166MMX is reading 65 in summer with the motherboard temp at
>> > 31, I figure getting at least one fan at the back should lower the
>> > CPU temp? there are vents at the front of the case so the dust
>> > shouldn't be sucked through the CD ROM

>> What are you using to cool the CPU? A 34C difference in CPU/case temp
>> suggests to me that the CPU HSF isn't very good.

>It's a boxed pentium with the glued on heatsink, these readings have
>always been typical for this system, the differential varies depending on
>the local air temp which suggests to me that more air flow is needed.

More HTML Crap from this Poster..

Please Turn OFF the HTML

Thanks

Don Hills

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>Full of you, my posts are made using a plain text reader
>
>You shouldn't complain just because the news client you are using came=20
>out of the ark
>
>--=20
>Full featured open source Win32 newsreader - Gravity 2.70
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/

As you can see from the "=20" at the end of a couple of the lines you
posted, your mail program isn't posting plain text. It's posting MIME text.

Specifically, it's breaking lines to meet the 80 column convention for plain
text and changing the space at the break point to a "MIME space". It's also
replacing the mandatory space in the signature separator with a "MIME
space", which breaks true plain text readers.

--
"I don't use Linux. I prefer to use an OS supported by a large multi-
national vendor, with a good office suite, excellent network/internet

Don Hills

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
K & S <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:30:05 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
>>

>More HTML Crap from this Poster..
>
>Please Turn OFF the HTML

The only crap here is from you, as usual.
There is no (none, nil, zero) HTML in his posts.

They do contain MIME encoding without MIME headers, which is a perversion
of the MIME standard originally perpetrated by Microsoft and slavishly
copied by several other mail and news clients. But it is not HTML.

"I don't use Linux. I prefer to use an OS supported by a large multi-
national vendor, with a good office suite, excellent network/internet
software and decent hardware support."

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:30:05 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
>
> >In article <4cILb.7154$(E-Mail Removed)>, ~misfit~@his_desk.com
> >says...

> >> What are you using to cool the CPU? A 34C difference in CPU/case temp
> >> suggests to me that the CPU HSF isn't very good.

> >It's a boxed pentium with the glued on heatsink, these readings have
> >always been typical for this system, the differential varies depending on
> >the local air temp which suggests to me that more air flow is needed.

> More HTML Crap from this Poster..
>

> Please Turn OFF the HTML

**** off Dickhead, I am using a plain text client, the same one as I have
always used.

It does not post in HTML.

Don't complain just because your old version of Agent doesn't recognise
plain text because it is an arcane piece of crap written by people with a
narrow outlook like you

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:28:55 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >(E-Mail Removed) says...

> >> Why all this illegal HTML postings..
> >>
> >> Or is it that this news group is now full or Dorks..?

> >Full of you, my posts are made using a plain text reader
> >
> >You shouldn't complain just because the news client you are using came
> >out of the ark

> At lest mine is not obsolete like yours..
>
> And fully Suprted and soon V2 will be out..
>

> Time me think for you to upgrade..

I'm using an open source newsreader, open source software is the best
there is. It's been updated and supports a whole lot more features than
agent.

Mainlander

In article <8W9//(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
>
> >Full of you, my posts are made using a plain text reader
> >
> >You shouldn't complain just because the news client you are using came=20
> >out of the ark
> >
> >--=20
> >Full featured open source Win32 newsreader - Gravity 2.70
> >http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/

> As you can see from the "=20" at the end of a couple of the lines you
> posted, your mail program isn't posting plain text. It's posting MIME text.
>
> Specifically, it's breaking lines to meet the 80 column convention for plain
> text and changing the space at the break point to a "MIME space". It's also
> replacing the mandatory space in the signature separator with a "MIME
> space", which breaks true plain text readers.

I don't see the =20 when I read other people's posts in this client.

Enkidu

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:04:49 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>In article <8W9//(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
>> Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
>>
>> >Full of you, my posts are made using a plain text reader
>> >
>> >You shouldn't complain just because the news client you are using came=20
>> >out of the ark
>> >
>> >--=20
>> >Full featured open source Win32 newsreader - Gravity 2.70
>> >http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity/

>> As you can see from the "=20" at the end of a couple of the lines you
>> posted, your mail program isn't posting plain text. It's posting MIME text.
>>
>> Specifically, it's breaking lines to meet the 80 column convention for plain
>> text and changing the space at the break point to a "MIME space". It's also
>> replacing the mandatory space in the signature separator with a "MIME
>> space", which breaks true plain text readers.

>I don't see the =20 when I read other people's posts in this client.

Agent hides them, but they are there.

-------snippet-------
Full of you, my posts are made using a plain text reader

You shouldn't complain just because the news client you are using
came=20
out of the ark

--=20
-------end of snippet------

Cheers,

Cliff
--

Christmas comes but once a year, thank the gods. I don't think
that I could cope with twice.

Enkidu

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:04:46 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>**** off Dickhead, I am using a plain text client, the same one as I have
>always used.
>
>It does not post in HTML.
>
>Don't complain just because your old version of Agent doesn't recognise
>plain text because it is an arcane piece of crap written by people with a
>narrow outlook like you

Above is what I see, below is what you send.

--------snippet----------------
**** off Dickhead, I am using a plain text client, the same one as I
have=
=20
always used.

It does not post in HTML.

Don't complain just because your old version of Agent doesn't
recognise=20
plain text because it is an arcane piece of crap written by people
with a=
=20
narrow outlook like you

--=20