Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > acpi in fedora

acpi in fedora

dementer

Anyone know what I could do to get acpi going? have looked around for an
rpm or source file to use, but would like to avoid recompiling the kernel
if I can...

Fedora seems to come with the acpi daemon, but not the userspace gear,
which seems a little silly. can it be that its still in development to
such a degree? Mandrake has it going mostly.

Anyway... all help apreciated, TIA

Jax

dementer wrote:
> Anyone know what I could do to get acpi going? have looked around for an
> rpm or source file to use, but would like to avoid recompiling the kernel
> if I can...
>
> Fedora seems to come with the acpi daemon, but not the userspace gear,
> which seems a little silly. can it be that its still in development to
> such a degree? Mandrake has it going mostly.
>
> Anyway... all help apreciated, TIA

yeah as i gather its still under development and not working *that* well
read the realease note, they tell you how to enable, its acpi = on flag
somewhere...

dementer

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:58:14 +0000, Jax wrote:

> dementer wrote:
>> Anyone know what I could do to get acpi going? have looked around for an
>> rpm or source file to use, but would like to avoid recompiling the kernel
>> if I can...
>>
>> Fedora seems to come with the acpi daemon, but not the userspace gear,
>> which seems a little silly. can it be that its still in development to
>> such a degree? Mandrake has it going mostly.
>>
>> Anyway... all help apreciated, TIA

> yeah as i gather its still under development and not working *that* well
> read the realease note, they tell you how to enable, its acpi = on flag
> somewhere...

duh of course... I should have thought of that. looks like the .2135
release handles things a bit better then the stock kernel too... I wonder
how that 2.6 kernel is rolling...

Lennier

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:34:47 +1300, dementer wrote:

> I wonder how that 2.6 kernel is rolling.

Linux 2.6.0 is already released.

A Linux 2.6 RPM for RedHat 9 is already available - installed and running
smoothly on my Linux workstation.

Lennier

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:58:14 +0000, Jax wrote:

> yeah as i gather its still under development and not working *that* well

ACPI doesn't work particularly well under WinDohs either.