Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra Wireless?

Xtra Wireless?

T.N.O.

How long has this "service" been offered?
http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,51...202732,00.html

Lebowski

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How long has this "service" been offered?
> http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,51...202732,00.html

100 bucks a month for a 1gig cap? They can go roger themselves!

Mauricio Freitas

It seems like TNZ response to woosh.

--
Mauricio Freitas
Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How long has this "service" been offered?
> http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,51...202732,00.html

-[Myth]-

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:54:33 +1300, Mauricio Freitas wrote:

> It seems like TNZ response to woosh.

lol, almost as ridiculous as their response to Ihug ultra and paradise
cable (jetstream)

ac

In article <3ff0b260$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...

> "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How long has this "service" been offered?
> > http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,51...202732,00.html

> 100 bucks a month for a 1gig cap? They can go roger themselves!

Hey it is $110 a month, don't give them a 10% discount

Richard Holmes

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> How long has this "service" been offered?
> http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,51...202732,00.html

Probably since Woosh was announced. Would be interesting to see if the
service actually exists, or whether it's another "Marketing Sizzle before
the Product Sausage".

T.N.O.

Richard Holmes wrote:
> Probably since Woosh was announced. Would be interesting to see if the
> service actually exists, or whether it's another "Marketing Sizzle before
> the Product Sausage".

I rang 0800getxtra(their sales number) went through to a sales rep, who
said, he knows nothing of Xtra Wireless, but gave me this number to
ring, 0800555077, rang them, spoke to a lovely lady who vagely knew from
my time working there, who took my details and will get someone to call
me in regards to it.

It is only really available for people who cannot get Jetstream.

Get this though, you need a Telecom Phone line to get this product...
WTF?

Richard Malcolm-Smith

T.N.O. wrote:

> I rang 0800getxtra(their sales number) went through to a sales rep, who
> said, he knows nothing of Xtra Wireless, but gave me this number to
> ring, 0800555077, rang them, spoke to a lovely lady who vagely knew from
> my time working there, who took my details and will get someone to call
> me in regards to it.
>
> It is only really available for people who cannot get Jetstream.
>
> Get this though, you need a Telecom Phone line to get this product...
> WTF?

They will make you buy a phone line anyway that they can.

I had someone tell me that I needed a landline account in order to get an xtra
account, and insisted that they charge it to the same account that I used the
line with jetstart on. I tried to explain that I wanted it billed seperatly
under a different name but there sales droids had a hard time understanding
that, and were trying to sell me a second analog line (which I dont want) and a
second jetstart service on the second line (which I also didnt want).

Why does it take so much effort explaining that talking on the phone while using
the internet is not something that I wish to do at any time on there overpriced
network.

Lennier

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:26:49 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

> It is only really available for people who cannot get Jetstream.
>
> Get this though, you need a Telecom Phone line to get this product... WTF?

Why do you need a landline in order to get a wireless internet service?

Lennier

Roger Johnstone

In <(E-Mail Removed)> ac wrote:
> In article <3ff0b260$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>>
>> "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > How long has this "service" been offered?
>> > http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,51...202732,00.html

>> 100 bucks a month for a 1gig cap? They can go roger themselves!
>>

> Hey it is $110 a month, don't give them a 10% discount

The radio modem costs $1000, and the installation fee is $475!!! For
$475 I would expect they would paint my roof while they were up there!

Apple II - FutureCop:LAPD - iMac Game Wizard
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~rojaws/
"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered
as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us"

Western Union memo, 1876

Smiley Xtra Working?? LadySpudz Firefox 5 05-05-2005 08:03 AM
Why are my Menus needing an Xtra click to keep 'em Active? Anyone ? Fred-C- Computer Support 3 04-19-2005 10:02 PM
Smilie Xtra Extension Jeff Firefox 0 04-11-2005 01:02 AM
pop 3 xtra john.w.wood Computer Support 1 09-13-2004 10:23 AM
Xtra customers - be VERY careful, geopelia Computer Support 7 11-20-2003 03:25 AM

Advertisments