Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Looking for Small Case

Looking for Small Case

Peter

Hi

I am looking to buy a very small computer case. Any pointers please

--

EMAIL to me please put 123 somewhere in subject to get through my Spam
Filter Setting...

Cheers

Peter

Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
http://www.etchpad.com/

T.N.O.

T.N.O. wrote:
>> I am looking to buy a very small computer case. Any pointers please

> How small is your motherboard?
> mATX? or smaller?

Or I could fix the time on my machine, and post it properly...

Peter

I wish to build my next computer from scrach. I have decided to get it right
first time. And make it s small factor shoe box size one. I odnt know too
much aobout such computers and cases and am just learning now.

--

EMAIL to me please put 123 somewhere in subject to get through my Spam
Filter Setting...

Cheers

Peter

Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
http://www.etchpad.com/
"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsnl4g$e3kap$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> T.N.O. wrote:
> >> I am looking to buy a very small computer case. Any pointers please

> > How small is your motherboard?
> > mATX? or smaller?

> Or I could fix the time on my machine, and post it properly...

harry

Peter wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking to buy a very small computer case. Any pointers please

What motherboard ?
pp.co.nz have a few micro ATX cases under their own heading
The smallest cases are for Via mini-ITX motherboards
ascent.co.nz have the Procase CS-100 CS-3677 CS-3688
Aopen do the H340 range
There are the Shuttle XPC small form factor barebones kits,and the Gigabyte
FB series, and the FIC Falcon FA-CR51 and the Via Sereniti cases for ITX

Peter

IM not too sure whmother board. AMD or P4. Im totally open. Faster is always
better.

--

EMAIL to me please put 123 somewhere in subject to get through my Spam
Filter Setting...

Cheers

Peter

Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
http://www.etchpad.com/
news:B0JHb.14799$(E-Mail Removed)...

Peter wrote:
> IM not too sure whmother board. AMD or P4. Im totally open. Faster is
> always better.

Sounds like the Shuttle range would be the easiest for you
http://www.shuttle.com/hq/
They are quite widely distributed through the usual outlets.
DSE have them, Paradigm, Ascent etc

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Peter wrote:
> I wish to build my next computer from scrach. I have decided to get it right
> first time. And make it s small factor shoe box size one. I odnt know too
> much aobout such computers and cases and am just learning now.

The options as I see them are...MicroATX, trioptix, or special mobos
that you see in Shuttle PC's, VIA EPIA C3 boards...

The key points as I see them are...

MicroATX:
Pluses- More upgradeable, powerful, compatible.
Minus - Bigger than you need?

trioptix:
Pluses- Small mobo, expandable (up to a point)
Minus - Less powerful, usually no AGP and few PCI slots...

VIA EPIA C3:
Pluses- Tiny little things, all-in-one solution.
Minus - Not expandable, CPU is slow, what you get is what you're stuck
with.

I haven't seen enough of the boards in Shuttle PC's, but you can get
a P4 2.4GHz and AGP card in one apparently. That would make it a wee
beastie to respect...

--
Kind regards,