Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > inverse coupling fault ?

inverse coupling fault ?

paul

Hi All

I am having major probs with my sons new computer, in that it is shuttting
down by its self all the time. I have sent the error message to Microsoft
and they tell me it is due to a ram access memeory fault.

I have run thier memory checking program and it comes up with intermitant
errors in the invc and malt3 areas and reports a inverse coupling fault.

Its running XP pro.

Any suggestions?

--
paul

Bob

replace the ram

"paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> I am having major probs with my sons new computer, in that it is shuttting
> down by its self all the time. I have sent the error message to Microsoft
> and they tell me it is due to a ram access memeory fault.
>
> I have run thier memory checking program and it comes up with intermitant
> errors in the invc and malt3 areas and reports a inverse coupling fault.
>
> Its running XP pro.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --
> paul

Peter

paul wrote:

> I am having major probs with my sons new computer, in that it is shuttting
> down by its self all the time. I have sent the error message to Microsoft
> and they tell me it is due to a ram access memeory fault.
>
> I have run thier memory checking program and it comes up with intermitant
> errors in the invc and malt3 areas and reports a inverse coupling fault.

sounds like it needs to go back to the shop where you bought it

T.N.O.

paul wrote:
> I have run thier memory checking program and it comes up with
> intermitant errors in the invc and malt3 areas and reports a inverse
> coupling fault.
> Any suggestions?

If it's new, take it back to where you got it and tell them to fix it,
if it is old, buy some new ram.

~misfit~

paul wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am having major probs with my sons new computer, in that it is
> shuttting down by its self all the time. I have sent the error
> message to Microsoft and they tell me it is due to a ram access
> memeory fault.
>
> I have run thier memory checking program and it comes up with
> intermitant errors in the invc and malt3 areas and reports a inverse
> coupling fault.
>
> Its running XP pro.
>
> Any suggestions?

Yes. If it is in fact a 'new' computer then get the supplier to replace the
RAM, it's shot.
--
~misfit~

paul

done that

--
paul

ac

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> done that

Check the memory timings in your Motherboard BIOS, maybe they are too
aggressive. Also try memtest86 from: http://www.memtest86.com/

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 06:48:22 +1300, Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > replace the ram

snip

Richard Malcolm-Smith

paul wrote:

> I am having major probs with my sons new computer, in that it is
> shuttting down by its self all the time. I have sent the error message
> to Microsoft and they tell me it is due to a ram access memeory fault.
>
> I have run thier memory checking program and it comes up with
> intermitant errors in the invc and malt3 areas and reports a inverse
> coupling fault.

Usually the ram, but i had a motheboard which would always get that error after
a couple of cycles if it had 3 sticks of ram in it. 2 was fine, and it wasnt the
ram. Concensus on the forums was that it was bad motherboard design causing some
ground bounce when driving 6 banks of ram. Try it with less ram and see if the
sticks are ok one at a time.