Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Assistance with NERO copying DVD files.

Reply
Thread Tools

Assistance with NERO copying DVD files.

 
 
NZed
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
I recently purchased a LG DVD burner...which on the specs can do everything
apart from make a cup of tea.

I installed Nero v6 and tried to make a copy of a DVD I have.
As my CD reader cannot read the DVD ...I had to put it in the DVD drive.
I did a image save....did all that but came up with a program error when I
then tried to put in a blank DVD as requested....

Any suggestions on the correct method for copying DVDs using Nero.....not
illegal copies by the way.

NZed



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Greg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
you want to give us some kind of a clue as to what kind of a program error!

NZed wrote:
> I recently purchased a LG DVD burner...which on the specs can do everything
> apart from make a cup of tea.
>
> I installed Nero v6 and tried to make a copy of a DVD I have.
> As my CD reader cannot read the DVD ...I had to put it in the DVD drive.
> I did a image save....did all that but came up with a program error when I
> then tried to put in a blank DVD as requested....
>
> Any suggestions on the correct method for copying DVDs using Nero.....not
> illegal copies by the way.
>
> NZed
>
>
>


Try using DVD Decrtyper, I've made heaps of DVD's with that, although
the problem has been with the lack of space when I encounter dual layer
DVD's, but that's another story.

Greg

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
NZed
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
Thats my problem...the message comes up with a simple...message Program
error !

I have tried a reinstall with no luck.

Thats why I thought I would check that I am doing it correctly...ie the
procedure for copying a DVD.

NZed

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsn3ie$6l8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> you want to give us some kind of a clue as to what kind of a program

error!
>
> NZed wrote:
> > I recently purchased a LG DVD burner...which on the specs can do

everything
> > apart from make a cup of tea.
> >
> > I installed Nero v6 and tried to make a copy of a DVD I have.
> > As my CD reader cannot read the DVD ...I had to put it in the DVD drive.
> > I did a image save....did all that but came up with a program error when

I
> > then tried to put in a blank DVD as requested....
> >
> > Any suggestions on the correct method for copying DVDs using

Nero.....not
> > illegal copies by the way.
> >
> > NZed
> >
> >
> >

>
> Try using DVD Decrtyper, I've made heaps of DVD's with that, although
> the problem has been with the lack of space when I encounter dual layer
> DVD's, but that's another story.
>
> Greg
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dumdedo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:13:05 +1300, "NZed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I recently purchased a LG DVD burner...which on the specs can do everything
>apart from make a cup of tea.
>
>I installed Nero v6 and tried to make a copy of a DVD I have.
>As my CD reader cannot read the DVD ...I had to put it in the DVD drive.
>I did a image save....did all that but came up with a program error when I
>then tried to put in a blank DVD as requested....
>
>Any suggestions on the correct method for copying DVDs using Nero.....not
>illegal copies by the way.
>
>NZed
>
>




It can't copy Commercial DVD's as they are encrypted, the Xcopy from 321
Studios might do it..

http://www.321studios.com/


 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
Greg wrote:

> Try using DVD Decrtyper, I've made heaps of DVD's with that, although
> the problem has been with the lack of space when I encounter dual
> layer DVD's, but that's another story.


I'll second the DVDDecrypter thing, although I usually use it for extracting
the *.vob file for use by DrDivX as I don't have a DVD writer.
--
~misfit~


 
Reply With Quote
 
Lebowski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003

"NZed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:S0yHb.14763$(E-Mail Removed)...
......not
> illegal copies by the way.
>



You're trying to copy a dvd....which is most likely encrypted with copy
protection. Of course, it's illegal!

But then again....everyone's ripping these days


 
Reply With Quote
 
-[Myth]-
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2003
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:29:57 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:13:05 +1300, "NZed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I recently purchased a LG DVD burner...which on the specs can do everything
>>apart from make a cup of tea.
>>
>>I installed Nero v6 and tried to make a copy of a DVD I have.
>>As my CD reader cannot read the DVD ...I had to put it in the DVD drive.
>>I did a image save....did all that but came up with a program error when I
>>then tried to put in a blank DVD as requested....
>>
>>Any suggestions on the correct method for copying DVDs using Nero.....not
>>illegal copies by the way.
>>
>>NZed
>>
>>

>
>
>
> It can't copy Commercial DVD's as they are encrypted, the Xcopy from 321
> Studios might do it..
>
> http://www.321studios.com/


from memory DVDdecryptor removes this encryption, as well as removing
macrovision and other copy protections.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Greg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2003
yes, that's right

Greg


-[Myth]- wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:29:57 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:
>
>
>>On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:13:05 +1300, "NZed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I recently purchased a LG DVD burner...which on the specs can do everything
>>>apart from make a cup of tea.
>>>
>>>I installed Nero v6 and tried to make a copy of a DVD I have.
>>>As my CD reader cannot read the DVD ...I had to put it in the DVD drive.
>>>I did a image save....did all that but came up with a program error when I
>>>then tried to put in a blank DVD as requested....
>>>
>>>Any suggestions on the correct method for copying DVDs using Nero.....not
>>>illegal copies by the way.
>>>
>>>NZed
>>>
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>>It can't copy Commercial DVD's as they are encrypted, the Xcopy from 321
>>Studios might do it..
>>
>>http://www.321studios.com/

>
>
> from memory DVDdecryptor removes this encryption, as well as removing
> macrovision and other copy protections.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-31-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Dumdedo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It can't copy Commercial DVD's as they are encrypted...


Note also that the encryption keys are stored in a special area of the
DVD that the drive is only supposed to access using a challenge/response
authentication system. Writable DVDs sold to the general public do not
have any equivalent to this area, which is why you cannot make a
sector-by-sector copy of an encrypted DVD onto a writable DVD--at least,
not a copy that you can use.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Uncle StoatWarbler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-31-2003
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 00:06:09 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> Note also that the encryption keys are stored in a special area of the
> DVD that the drive is only supposed to access using a challenge/response
> authentication system.


And it was an unencrypted key in one such disk which was the undoing of
the CSS system.

> Writable DVDs sold to the general public do not
> have any equivalent to this area, which is why you cannot make a
> sector-by-sector copy of an encrypted DVD onto a writable DVD--at least,
> not a copy that you can use.


CPU power is enough and the keys are widely enough known that this section can
probably be dumped and still be decoded on the fly.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Copying video files to dvd using Nero so slooow tenplay DVD Video 2 11-26-2006 12:45 AM
Nero Unveils new Nero Digital(TM) Certified Avayon DXP-1000 DVD Player at CES 2006. Allan DVD Video 0 01-05-2006 01:25 PM
Copying DVD to DVD -R and no openign in Standalone DVD Reader. Zebik DVD Video 2 05-07-2004 08:02 AM
Error log assistance with Nero Express 5.5.9 JM Computer Support 6 01-17-2004 10:02 AM
Nero 6 says it's burning video to DVD+RW, but disc is still blank when Nero is done HawkMan98 DVD Video 0 10-21-2003 06:14 AM



Advertisments